Will Novak pass Rafa?

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This year's Wimbledon is literally a must-win for Djokovic. If he doesn't win it then the slam race is over. IMO he won't win as the pressure will be too much. I expect to see many broken rackets and psycho angry screams from him. It won't be pretty. :negative:
If Novak doesn’t win Wimbledon, most likely through his own actions he can’t play until ‘23 RG. So even if Rafa does not win Wimbledon this year I like his chances to pickup at least one Major more by ‘23 Wimbledon.

At that point Novak would be 3 behind, tough row to hoe.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
If Novak doesn’t win Wimbledon, most likely through his own actions he can’t play until ‘23 RG. So even if Rafa does not win Wimbledon this year I like his chances to pickup at least one Major more by ‘23 Wimbledon.

At that point Novak would be 3 behind, tough row to hoe.

Remember, even at this age, Novak still has the ability to win majors in bunches! He was counted out B4, it can happen again! AO might relent! :shushing-face:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Remember, even at this age, Novak still has the ability to win majors in bunches! He was counted out B4, it can happen again! AO might relent! :shushing-face:

The difference is that Vajda isn't there anymore to tell him what to do between each point. Djokovic is finished. :bye:

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This year's Wimbledon is literally a must-win for Djokovic. If he doesn't win it then the slam race is over. IMO he won't win as the pressure will be too much. I expect to see many broken rackets and psycho angry screams from him. It won't be pretty.
If not a "must-win," close to it, especially if the next two Majors don't allow him to play. Plus, Novak doesn't have much to show for this year, given his standards. He's 16-5 on the year, with a title in Rome. 21 matches, and we're at the end of June. Given pressures and lack of match play, I agree that it would take a Herculean effort for him to win Wimbledon, and maybe a bit of help in the draw, but he is just the man for it, it has to be said. So curious to see the draw tomorrow.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Everyone has been saying this about him since he achieved 2.0. He's 35 now, and may be 36 before he plays his next one, after this Wimbledon. He is showing signs that the pressure and age do wear. However, if the youngsters don't step up to the plate, he may just keep going for some time. The AO might relent, and it might not. I don't think you'll see it in 2023.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Everyone has been saying this about him since he achieved 2.0. He's 35 now, and may be 36 before he plays his next one, after this Wimbledon. He is showing signs that the pressure and age do wear. However, if the youngsters don't step up to the plate, he may just keep going for some time. The AO might relent, and it might not. I don't think you'll see it in 2023.
I can assure you the current government will Not Relent in giving Novak a new visa to play in the AO 2023.Our opposition leader at the time when this blew up at the AO this year, is now our new Prime Minister, he wanted Novak to go and was putting pressure on the government to deport him.He can have the opportunity to apply for a new visa, though in saying that,more bad press came to light when Novak apparently had COVID and under current law back in his home land was not allowed to go out for 2 weeks? what did he do went out the next day after testing positive?......Melbourne at the time was the most locked down city in the world
Novak will have to give a good reason to our Immigration officials why he should be granted a new visa.
Also I see on Twitter that disgruntled Novak fans have signed a petition to play at the USO this year? good luck with that lol!

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meanwhile, as a Nadal fan, I am just enjoying his two slam lead, being healthy, and playing “loose” on the court with not a lot of pressure from him.

Those 2017 to 2020 slam wins sandwiched between Federer and Djokovic prepared Nadal for this moment. I still can’t believe he is doing this at 36 years old!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Meanwhile, as a Nadal fan, I am just enjoying his two slam lead, being healthy, and playing “loose” on the court with not a lot of pressure from him.

Those 2017 to 2020 slam wins sandwiched between Federer and Djokovic prepared Nadal for this moment. I still can’t believe he is doing this at 36 years old!
Agree, quite frankly I thought he would be retired by now, Rafa has nothing more to prove, he loves competing, as long as he stays healthy,there is no pressure at all on him.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I can assure you the current government will Not Relent in giving Novak a new visa to play in the AO 2023.Our opposition leader at the time when this blew up at the AO this year, is now our new Prime Minister, he wanted Novak to go and was putting pressure on the government to deport him.He can have the opportunity to apply for a new visa, though in saying that,more bad press came to light when Novak apparently had COVID and under current law back in his home land was not allowed to go out for 2 weeks? what did he do went out the next day after testing positive?......Melbourne at the time was the most locked down city in the world
Novak will have to give a good reason to our Immigration officials why he should be granted a new visa.
Also I see on Twitter that disgruntled Novak fans have signed a petition to play at the USO this year? good luck with that lol!
That's embarrassing for Djokovic twitter fans, they still think he is hard done by :lol6: :astonished-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's embarrassing for Djokovic twitter fans, they still think he is hard done by :lol6: :astonished-face:
They all have chips on their shoulders, like the whole world is against them, on Twitter they are just vile, quite sad really.
Thankfully at TF we have some balanced Novak Fans....Don Fabio is one, he is a great poster, shame we dont have more posters like Don Fabio at TF.

Reactions: TheSicilian