Who's watching the royal wedding tomorrow?

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Don't even get me started on Charles, he's a whole another level of awful, but he's a prince so what can we do? But this was exactly why Harry had the chance to redeem his family and elevate himself as a STRONG MAN of the royal family but he married a gold digger divorcee. Shocking and sad.

You have to understand WHY Diana was SO great and why she was from another planet. It is because she was born out of nobility and from an early age sincerly helped the ailing. A true goddess not from earth.

The great Chanakya rightly said, never marry above or below you, marry at YOUR LEVEL for happiness and prosperity!

In hindi we would say - Prince Harry ne apne ghar ka naam mitti me mila diya!
We can't do anything about any of it. It's amazing what love can do. At the end of the day it was his decision & they're deeply in love.

I do.

Anyone can fall in love with anyone at any time. It's a funny thing. No one chooses to fall in love. It just hits them. I agree we should marry at our level but I'm not money-motivated so would make that mean someone who has similar interests to me & who is capable of holding their own in any of my conversations rather than someone of my social class.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
We can't do anything about any of it. It's amazing what love can do. At the end of the day it was his decision & they're deeply in love.

I do.

Anyone can fall in love with anyone at any time. It's a funny thing. No one chooses to fall in love. It just hits them. I agree we should marry at our level but I'm not money-motivated so would make that mean someone who has similar interests to me & who is capable of holding their own in any of my conversations rather than someone of my social class.

So looks like I have a chance with you.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

racketbuzz

Reactions
Well, as I said, I'm not into royalty and would like it to shut up shop once the queen dies. I didn't watch the wedding but I do wish any newly married couple all the very best. Marriage is a minefield and more so when played out in public I imagine.

I really dislike all the negative comments about the bride that have been in the press over the last 6 months or so. The truth is none of in the general public know her, or any member of the royal family, dead or alive, to be able to make "informed" judgments or to throw stones. None of us are perfect.

Horsa

Reactions
The truth is none of in the general public know her, or any member of the royal family, dead or alive, to be able to make "informed" judgments or to throw stones. None of us are perfect.
I mostly agree with this but think that although we need to forgive other people's mistakes some things can't & shouldn't be condoned. We can all think what we want & have the right to have & air our opinions as long as we respect other people's right to do likewise but at the end of the day we have no power to do anything else about it. I'd go further than you in the 1st sentence though & say that no one really knows anyone except themselves. We only know what other people allow us to know about them & what they want us to know about them. No one knows exactly what goes on inside someone else's head though some people would disagree & say psychics do.

Reactions: racketbuzz

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I mostly agree with this but think that although we need to forgive other people's mistakes some things can't & shouldn't be condoned. We can all think what we want & have the right to have & air our opinions as long as we respect other people's right to do likewise but at the end of the day we have no power to do anything else about it. I'd go further than you in the 1st sentence though & say that no one really knows anyone except themselves. We only know what other people allow us to know about them & what they want us to know about them. No one knows exactly what goes on inside someone else's head though some people would disagree & say psychics do.

What makes you think people know themselves? Nobody really knows themselves either? "Who am I?" is the most central philosophical question.

Reactions: Moxie and Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
What makes you think people know themselves? Nobody really knows themselves either? "Who am I?" is the most central philosophical question.
We know ourselves more than anyone else can but we don't really know ourselves completely. We're all on a journey of self-discovery all the time. I agree with you there.

Reactions: Moxie
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vince Evert World Affairs 1