Who of these youngsters will have the better career?

Who will have the better career?

• Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sloane Stephens

• Christina McHale

• Heather Watson

• Other

• Total voters

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Sorta a sister thread/poll to kskate2's "young babe watch" thread. I limit myself to a few names that seem to be obvious candidates for doing great things in the future. Which one of them will have the better career of them all? Feel free to discuss those that are not in the poll if you think that they will have great careers.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Madison is the player who is going to be winning big titles..Robson will be like Andy Murray...mostly hype.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
I think Madison is the player who is going to be winning big titles..Robson will be like Andy Murray...mostly hype.

What are you smoking? Murray, mostly hype?!

So, winning a slam, an Olympic gold, making 4 other slam finals and ranked number 2 in the world is hype?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Calvy said:
tossip said:

What are you smoking? Murray, mostly hype?!

So, winning a slam, an Olympic gold, making 4 other slam finals and ranked number 2 in the world is hype?
:p lol

jhar26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Pavlyuchenkova, I don't know. A few years ago I thought she would be a future great or close. But she doesn't seem to have made any progress for a long time now. So I'm having my doubts. But perhaps Hingis can get her back on the right track. Initial results look promising.

Heather Watson. Lovely girl and a good competitor, but I don't think she has a big enough game to join the elite.

McHale will have a good career, but I think she misses that little bit extra to be a top 10 player.

So that leaves us with Sloane Stephens, Laura Watson and Madison Keys. Sloane doesn't seem to handle pressure very well considering her dreadful results after her great run at the AO. But there's a good chance that she'll get back on the right track eventually.

Laura Robson is doing great. True, her results are a bit up and down, but she's only a teenager and she has already wins over the likes of Clijsters, Li, Radwanska and Venus, so she's not intimidated by the big names. I think that she's a future YEC player and probably even more than that.

Madison Keys could have a great career, but I find it hard to judge her because I've only seen her play once. But her career trajectory so far looks promising.

All six will do well for themselves I think, but Robson, Keys and Stephens are the most likely to have top 10 careers. I still give Pavlyuchenkova a minor chance as well if she gets rid of those kilos that shouldn't be there and if Hingis can work her magic.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stephens is a pusher and is not as aggressive like Keys,plus Keys already shows promise after being a few months on tour.Stephens claim to fame is beating a hobbled Serena and nothing else and her mentality is not of a champion...

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
jhar26 said:
Pavlyuchenkova, I don't know. A few years ago I thought she would be a future great or close. But she doesn't seem to have made any progress for a long time now. So I'm having my doubts. But perhaps Hingis can get her back on the right track. Initial results look promising.

Heather Watson. Lovely girl and a good competitor, but I don't think she has a big enough game to join the elite.

McHale will have a good career, but I think she misses that little bit extra to be a top 10 player.

So that leaves us with Sloane Stephens, Laura Watson and Madison Keys. Sloane doesn't seem to handle pressure very well considering her dreadful results after her great run at the AO. But there's a good chance that she'll get back on the right track eventually.

Laura Robson is doing great. True, her results are a bit up and down, but she's only a teenager and she has already wins over the likes of Clijsters, Li, Radwanska and Venus, so she's not intimidated by the big names. I think that she's a future YEC player and probably even more than that.

Madison Keys could have a great career, but I find it hard to judge her because I've only seen her play once. But her career trajectory so far looks promising.

All six will do well for themselves I think, but Robson, Keys and Stephens are the most likely to have top 10 careers. I still give Pavlyuchenkova a minor chance as well if she gets rid of those kilos that shouldn't be there and if Hingis can work her magic.

Well if anyone can help Nastia get in shape it would be Martina. Hingis was in fantastic shape.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
jhar26 said:

Well if anyone can help Nastia get in shape it would be Martina. Hingis was in fantastic shape.
yeah Pavlyuchenkova has kinda fizzled..she had the most promise .The next generation for me will be
Madison Keys
Muguruza
Taylor Townsend
Putinsveva
Vekic

I believe one of these players will be a great champion...no hype here.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Gotta be Robson if you ask me but she really needs to work on her serve bigtime. When it works it's great but a huge amount of double faults. In the match against Serena tonight you could bet on her double faulting every service game, break point down, match point, you name it. Gotta work on it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tossip said:
Agreed with Madison, IDK about the Murray comparison.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am a fan of Madison though to me she has to improve her movement.She reminds me of Davenport in ways.I think she could be a top 10 future player.

Pavs has never played to her true potential.Her fitness has always let her down and also her focus.Hopefully Hingis can make improvements in these area's.Though I just saw she got trounced in her first match in Rome.Back to the drawing board again:)

Sloane is a talented player.Though after all the Hype she got from the media after she defeated a injured Serena at the AO,her results have been poor.To me she puts too much pressure on herself.Also she needs to get off Twitter and start concentrating on her game.

Robson another player who showed promise as a junior.To date her results have been up and down.Watched her playing Serena and she needs to work on her serve....too many d/faults......maybe she felt the added pressure.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Robson s fitness needs improvement in the second set against Serena she looked so tired.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
:eyepop:cry yes Muguruza has showed promise but not sue about her mental game....
Madison is doing well...just not sure about her mental game...anyway the year is still young and lots of tennis to be played.:popcorn

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Some of these players have already fallen off our radar and others like Genie we hadn't even seen the potential in yet!

I still think Genie has the best upside. She hasn't really cracked under pressure and I think she loves the grand slam atmosphere. In my mind that can only be a good thing. She just needs to start showing up more at smaller tournaments.