Which movie have you seen the most?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I've already posed the analogous question in the books thread, so I thought it would be fun to ask it here, too.

Which film have you seen the most?

For me, it's Contact. I know it's not a great film, by any means, but I love the idea of it, and can go with the excitement of contact every time.

There are also interesting questions raised concerning how humanity would deal with this event, should it ever happen. The book is radically different in its approach -- and ultimately smarter -- and I wish the film had been more like it, but I enjoy it anyway.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
For me it's either Animal House or the original Star Wars trilogy (probably saw Return of the Jedi the most). We had Animal House on VHS and the first time I watched it I was 5. My parents were asleep no surprise!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Probably something like Goodfellas or Unforgiven. I watch them every time they're on the telly and I have the DVDs...

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
WOW! What a question. This is very hard to answer and requires much thought. Part of it has to do with which movies are re-run on television with great frequency such that you can see it and parts of over and over. In that vein, the following come to mind: Jaws, The Godfather and Godfather II, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Caddyshack, Casasblanca, Cool Hand Luke, The Deer Hunter, Cinema Paradiso, Kramer versus Kramer and Unforgiven. There are more, but those jump out at me.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Great lists, guys.

I've seen Star Wars and Jaws countless times, too, especially the latter.

Funny story: I lived in Miami when Jaws was released. I went to the beach one day, and noticed a women on a raft several yards off shore. As I got closer I realized she was reading Jaws. I chuckled to myself, thinking she's either the bravest person I've ever encountered or the dumbest. Rationally, I knew Miami wasn't shark territory, unlike Australia or South Africa, for example, but still ...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
Great lists, guys.

Funny story: I lived in Miami when Jaws was released. I went to the beach one day, and noticed a women on a raft several yards off shore. As I got closer I realized she was reading Jaws. I chuckled to myself, thinking she's either the bravest person I've ever encountered or the dumbest. Rationally, I knew Miami wasn't shark territory, unlike Australia or South Africa, for example, but still ...

You didn't swim up behind her and go, "da-dum....da-dum...da-da-da-da....!" :lolz:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
tented said:
Great lists, guys.

You didn't swim up behind her and go, "da-dum....da-dum...da-da-da-da....!" :lolz:

:laydownlaughing

But I would have had to go in the water. :nono

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The first Star Wars (now Episode 4) and Top Gun probably top the list, although I've seen neither of them for ages. In recent years, probably rewatched the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Godfather I and II more than any other films.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
In my adolescent/adult life, it's The Lord of the Rings trilogy probably. Though I must have ruined my Lion King video from watching it over and over when I was a kid. That, and the Ace Ventura movies (ultimate guilty pleasure) and that crappy Mortal Kombat film.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I probably couldn't count how many times I've watched "The Godfather," "The Philadelphia Story," and "Roman Holiday." I watched "The Matrix" about a million times when I was on a tough job, and it somehow made me feel powerful, when I need to. Also, "Scrooged," "Groundhog Day," and "Jaws." Guiltiest pleasures: "Overboard" and "Dirty Dancing." (Total chick flicks.)

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Matrix and Groundhog Day--I've seen each of those a few times

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Heat Directed by Michael Mann. With Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer, Jon Voight.

Hands down I have seen this movie probably 500 plus time.. I think it is just perfect.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Heat Directed by Michael Mann. With Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer, Jon Voight.

Hands down I have seen this movie probably 500 plus time.. I think it is just perfect.

Bloody hell, no way! :nono :snigger

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
shawnbm said:
The Matrix and Groundhog Day--I've seen each of those a few times

Do you watch Groundhog Day every day?

Lost in an endless loop of "buon giorno!", kissing complete male strangers and trying to subdue the same girl every which but Sunday, but t no avail. Perhaps my reality is not reality at all--cue Morpheus.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

Dude, its the truth.. I travel a lot with my job.. I always take a DVD copy of HEAT to put me to sleep.. I am pretty weird like that.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

Dude, its the truth.. I travel a lot with my job.. I always take a DVD copy of HEAT to put me to lease.. I am pretty weird like that.

It just isn't a favourite of mine, but I have things like that. If fawlty Towers is on, I watch it. They only made 12 episodes but I reckon I watched each one more times than you've seen Heat. And it still cracks me up!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ah, Basil, Manuel and the gang in Fawlty Towers. Used to watch with my mother many moons ago--still remember some of those doosies. Makes me thing of Python's Flying Circus and Nudge, Nudge. "Does your wife like photography? Caaaandid photography?"

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
the AntiPusher said:

Dude, its the truth.. I travel a lot with my job.. I always take a DVD copy of HEAT to put me to lease.. I am pretty weird like that.

Heat got no love in that thread. I thought it was a great movie, maybe not a classic like Gladiator and Silence of the Lambs (2 other ones Kieran didn't care for in that thread) but still great.