Where would you place LeBron James among all time greats and why?

Where does LeBron Stand?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• outside top 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
vjmtz said:
LeBron is overhyped and overrated.

...and a huge crybaby! :cry :cry :cry Going after Charles Barkley for pointing out all the help James has, but whining for more tells you all you need to know! James doesn't want to compete; expects championships to be handed to him I guess! Cleveland has the largest payroll with Gilbert being penalized an additional $50+ M in "luxury taxes" just makes LeBron look like a punk! :nono :cover :rolleyes:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He's a crybaby for sure but he's far from overrated, that's just hater talk. Best player since MJ and it isn't close.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
He's a crybaby for sure but he's far from overrated, that's just hater talk. Best player since MJ and it isn't close.

not so fast..I would put Kobe's numbers right now at the same age to LBJ..

LBJ is a phenomenal player but he isn't the ultimate basketball player..he is not an assassin like MJ or Kobe. LBJ does makes everyone on his team better just like Magic but he needs assistance to win the big game(Dwade, Kyrie and "Jesus Shutters-worth" aka Ray Allen to hit the big shot). LBJ is overrated as a closer and he is just a big whiny bitch unlike MJ or Kobe..

I call em like it is, not a LBJ hater but not a fan of his game. I wasn't a fan of Shaq either.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
AP I know you're a Lakers fan and loved Kobe but it isn't even close between them. Lebron leaves Cleveland after 09 and they become the worst team in the league for a few years, he then leaves Miami after 4 straight finals and they didn't even make the playoffs without him, he then takes Cleveland to back-to-back finals and clowns the 73 win Warriors last year. And Cleveland would be a lottery team without him, just check their record when he sits, it isn't pretty. Kobe's only edge was outside shooting, he was always going to be the one taking the final shot and I agree he had a killer mentality much like MJ which is of course admirable.

LeBron is not always going to take the last shot because it's not his style, he can kill teams with his passing and he trusts his teammates, also an admirable trait. But the killer mentality and all around competitiveness does not decide who is greater and there isn't any legit argument for Kobe>LBJ unless you are solely counting rings and we all know Kobe was a sidekick for the first 3.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
AP I know you're a Lakers fan and loved Kobe but it isn't even close between them. Lebron leaves Cleveland after 09 and they become the worst team in the league for a few years, he then leaves Miami after 4 straight finals and they didn't even make the playoffs without him, he then takes Cleveland to back-to-back finals and clowns the 73 win Warriors last year. And Cleveland would be a lottery team without him, just check their record when he sits, it isn't pretty. Kobe's only edge was outside shooting, he was always going to be the one taking the final shot and I agree he had a killer mentality much like MJ which is of course admirable.

LeBron is not always going to take the last shot because it's not his style, he can kill teams with his passing and he trusts his teammates, also an admirable trait. But the killer mentality and all around competitiveness does not decide who is greater and there isn't any legit argument for Kobe>LBJ unless you are solely counting rings and we all know Kobe was a sidekick for the first 3.

DarthFed, It's true I am a Kobe fan but I was like most previously a MJ fan. There isn't anything or shot that couldn't be duplicated that MJ could do that Kobe could not replicate. The difference is Jordan will to not to loose to a lessen opponents was supreme. MJ probably wasn't as selfish with the ball as Kobe but it was a little bit different because of the non hand check rule that gave Kobe so much autonomy during his time on the basketball court.

LBJ is a different type of player, he is more than two inches and 20 plus pounds heavier than both of them. In the front court ,
LBJ is more powerful but in the backcourt MJ and Kobe is more deadly. Yes Kobe had Shaq but LBJ had a in his prime Dwade also. If it's a shot that someone needs to take with my families future, I would have Kobe or MJ.. I know you prefer the Bull in the China shop, LBJ which i understand.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kobe was a poor man's Jordan. I will admit I didn't like him too much but obviously he was an all-time great and a tremendous competitor. He just wasn't anywhere near Jordan despite copying His Airness' style. There is no shame in that btw, but short of Kobe's greater range I don't think there was a single thing on the court he did as well as MJ. Kobe was very athletic, great moves and footwork, great on defense for many years, fairly clutch yet he fell short of MJ in all those categories. Kobe has 5 rings but he was top dog for only 2.

Lebron is more a hybrid between Magic and MJ. He is a freak athlete and very big and strong but if you think he is just a Bull in the China shop you're ignoring his insane court vision, passing ability, ball control, and all around bball IQ. He is the closest thing to Jordan in terms of greatness since #23 retired yet he is still pretty far off IMO.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
DarthFed said:
Kobe was a poor man's Jordan. I will admit I didn't like him too much but obviously he was an all-time great and a tremendous competitor. He just wasn't anywhere near Jordan despite copying His Airness' style. There is no shame in that btw, but short of Kobe's greater range I don't think there was a single thing on the court he did as well as MJ. Kobe was very athletic, great moves and footwork, great on defense for many years, fairly clutch yet he fell short of MJ in all those categories. Kobe has 5 rings but he was top dog for only 2.

Lebron is more a hybrid between Magic and MJ. He is a freak athlete and very big and strong but if you think he is just a Bull in the China shop you're ignoring his insane court vision, passing ability, ball control, and all around bball IQ. He is the closest thing to Jordan in terms of greatness since #23 retired yet he is still pretty far off IMO.

IMO today's basketball is almost unwatchable! I can't remember the last time I cared about a season; even when GS was threatening my Bulls' record winning season of '96! San Antonio the only team I have any real respect for even though the media dismisses them with several NBA Champs! They just aren't flashy enough for the social media junkies! They don't have top players assaulting people at "night spots" in the wee hours of the morning, getting suspended for missing practice, or committing flagrant fouls in a Chp. series costing them the title! :nono :cover- -Blog - -

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
DarthFed said:

IMO today's basketball is almost unwatchable! I can't remember the last time I cared about a season; even when GS was threatening my Bulls' record winning season of '96! San Antonio the only team I have any real respect for even though the media dismisses them with several NBA Champs! They just aren't flashy enough for the social media junkies! They don't have top players assaulting people at "night spots" in the wee hours of the morning, getting suspended for missing practice, or committing flagrant fouls in a Chp. series costing them the title! :nono :cover- -Blog - -

Lol. All joking aside I think the league is pretty healthy but Golden State just seems way above everyone. The Cavs are having all kinds of trouble so they may not make it out of the East and eventually Lebron is going to seriously decline. I think he's already on the downside a bit mostly because he has to conserve tons of energy throughout the year and is no longer even trying on defense during the regular season. But soon his game on offense will suffer as he keeps losing some of his athleticism. He is the oldest 32 year old in any sport I've seen, ridiculous amounts of mileage already.

The East is finally showing some signs of life, my boy Giannis is already a mega-superstar and will continue to get better and the young Bucks should be a contender soon. Boston, Philly and others should be up there as well to challenge the Cleveland Lebron's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Correspondent Kiu Other Sports 64