What are your aspirations for the "new normal"?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting happenings around the world (understatement)... social media is full of people talking of "when things go back to normal"... many of whom spent hours complaining about that "normal" beforehand.

A deep question... do you want to go "back to normal", or a "new normal" or something else...

Just thought I'd throw it out there...

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's a great question.

I've been able to incorporate walking/running more on a regular basis in my day without having to get up earlier and worry about rush hour traffic , I want to have coffee every morning with my wife and then we both get to work on our work stations next to each other. I think it's win/win that at first we were distracting each other but now it's OK to work side by side.

Personally I would want the flexibility to work more from home, have clients comfortable with more ZOOM meetings instead of face to face.

Of course I'm aware we have that luxury/option but I do think we've connected even more as a couple and certainly don't want to lose that. My new normal would be incorporating more my physical well being at the start of the day.

Reactions: tented and britbox

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If anything this pandemic has taught us 'Your Health Is The Most Important Thing In Your Life' no amount of money can buy you,your health.

I believe we are living in a 'Me Society' hopefully we can come out of this not being so selfish and be grateful for what we have,usually in tough times,people come through stronger because of tough times.We have seen this in past world wars.

I know I will not take the simple things in life for granted anymore,with these restrictions on our everyday life,though they are put in place to protect us.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I want us to go back to normal but allow people to have a bit more personal space though not quite the amount we need to give now. It would be nice to just have 1/2 the personal space that we have now in supermarket queues to avoid having to smell some people we had to queue behind before who appeared to have personal hygiene issues. I hope people keep on paying more attention to their personal hygiene. I also want people to give each other more respect, consideration & appreciation than they did before which in some cases was disgraceful. I also want people to respect the people who do so much for us. I don't want the queueing outside stores to carry on as some people in front of others in the queue don't move up when they should & there's that much of a queue others end up in a busy car park where they could get knocked over, shop staff don't always tell them & when you do they don't always understand & they go off on 1 with you.

I do want to stay at home more & do more things though it's nice to go out & buy what you want at the shop instead of having to find a food item every time you need a non-food item so you won't get into trouble. For example, I needed toothpaste & we needed soap but we didn't really need a food item but I had to find a food item so if I got caught I wouldn't get into trouble. The government changed that to essentials (which would obviously include soap & toothpaste) at one point but then put it back to food items.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good topic, BB. If I had anything optimistic to add, I would. But nothing is coming to me at the moment.