Vontaze Burfict: Moxie's soul mate.....

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For the better part of last week, I spent a decent amount of time defending Vontaze Burfict of the Bengals after the very tumultuous and heated game against the Steelers on Saturday January 9th. He has become an NFL villain for dirty hits, particularly against the Steelers. I don't condone some of what he has done, like twisting ankles of players after they have been tackled, but I do admire his talent and his brash attitude to just single-handedly take over a game. In the fourth quarter against the Steelers, as a linebacker he almost single-handedly brought the Bengals back. He got ticked off at the end of the third quarter because of a hit that a Steelers linebacker put on a Bengals running back, and after that he just went on a rampage. He knocked the Steelers' QB out of the game with a sack and then he had what should have been the game-winning interception in the final two minutes before another Bengals running back fumbled. Burfict ended up committing a late-hit penalty that gave the Steelers 15 yards to set up the gamewinning field goal. After the game, no one gave him any credit for his amazing 4th quarter performance but simply said that he was "out of control" and most Steeler fans called him a dumb "criminal", "thug", "ghetto POS", and a number of other lovely names. Burfict's play was very intelligent and very effective, but no one gave him any credit because they couldn't stand his attitude. I defended him to a point, crediting his incredible talent and excellent play, but again, I do not condone some of the cheap things he has done either.

At any rate, the reason I am sharing this is to counter the bogus aesthetic image of innocent black "boys" being harassed by police that the likes of Federberg or Moxie prop up. Neither of them have probably ever seen anything like what is in these videos, and they certainly could not relate to it. But these are the types of tempers and egos you are talking about when you are discussing someone like a raging Michael Brown. These guys are often great people on a personal level but there are times when they don't tone down their tempers in important moments and it really gets them in trouble. I would rather be friends with someone like Michael Brown than, say, Riotbeard, but I do acknowledge that Michael Brown let his rage get the best of him and that is what ultimately cost him his life.

So, here are two recent on-field confrontations that might enlighten Moxie and Federberg a little bit beyond their imagining of black males being testosterone-deficient gays when they get into disputes with police. First up is Moxie's soulmate, Vontaze Burfict. Second up is Odell Beckham, Jr, who one month ago made a point of violently attacking an opponent over the course of the game so much so that he got suspended. Beckham is considered a Top 3 NFL receiver right now and he had a match-up hyped up with a Top 3 NFL corner in Josh Norman of the Panthers going into Week 15. Their tempers flared and they really went after each other, especially Beckham after Norman.

This right here is very similar to a Davis Cup match or a Kvitova-Sharapova staredown. Enjoy it ladies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SrijPU_bQ8

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And right here, you see Odell Beckham fulfilling the Federberg aesthetic of a black male victim with low ego and the modesty of St. Francis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UtBETkzoW0

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And here comes even more stereotyping! LOL. I wonder how Federberg would react to this celebration if he was the QB who threw this interception? Would he find it funny? Would he get upset? Or would he walk up to William Gay during the celebration and say "hey, I owed you one. My ancestors were some doggone racists. Thanks for picking me off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCZIrJBYHw&feature=player_embedded

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You have no reason to make this about me.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sure I do (but it's a joke). The point is that both you and Federberg are presuming to understand an issue that you clearly know nothing about. The sanctimonious piety you two bring in to the conversation deserves ridicule.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thank you for reinforcing the stereotype. It's funny really you don't even seem to realise it. How is it that an individual, an athlete no less, lets himself down and he is used as a representation of what is supposedly wrong with a race? I'm not sure you could have illustrated racism better. Textbook...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That is breathtakingly racist, and I rather resent having my handle associated.  As "jokes" go, Cali's humor reminds me of Frankenstein in his deftness, though, revisiting this clip, I suspect that gives him too much credit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1FLZPFI3jc

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14944 said:
Thank you for reinforcing the stereotype. It’s funny really you don’t even seem to realise it. How is it that an individual, an athlete no less, lets himself down and he is used as a representation of what is supposedly wrong with a race? I’m not sure you could have illustrated racism better. Textbook…

If you had a functioning brain, you would realize the point of this. But you simply are not intelligent enough. You know nothing about America or the situations you discuss. And you are not smart enough to modify your opinions.

You clearly have no black friends and you clearly have no understanding of blacks in America. I am very glad that I am friends with a number of black people instead of clueless white people like yourself.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14987 said:
That is breathtakingly racist, and I rather resent having my handle associated. As “jokes” go, Cali’s humor reminds me of Frankenstein in his deftness, though, revisiting this clip, I suspect that gives him too much credit: <iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w1FLZPFI3jc?feature=oembed" width="1008" height="567" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Again, you show yourself incapable of understanding certain points that are just beyond your grasp. You clearly lack understanding of sports and it carries over into how you perceive this issue.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's sad that you can't understand that insult is not a rhetorical skill.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
15082 said:
It’s sad that you can’t understand that insult is not a rhetorical skill.

It's sad that you are incapable of carrying on a rational exchange of views in which one person substantively answers the arguments of another, which both you and Federberg failed to. Partially that owes to you guys having no idea what to say.

Have either of you worked or coached at an all-black school? Have either of you had friends or colleagues who worked in an all-black inner city area? No, you know nothing about the challenges in those communities or even what many black leaders ask for.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
15084 said:
Moxie wrote:
Have either of you had friends or colleagues who worked in an all-black inner city area? No, you know nothing about the challenges in those communities or even what many black leaders ask for.
 Actually, my answer to that is yes.  I grew up in Prince George's Co., MD.  You can look that up.  A lot of my friends work and live in that community, in education in that area, and live and work in government in Baltimore.  (And, no, not all of those friends are white, and they're not even all liberals.)  Stop presuming what you know about me.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
15085 said:
Calitennis127 wrote:
<blockquote>
Moxie wrote:
Have either of you had friends or colleagues who worked in an all-black inner city area? No, you know nothing about the challenges in those communities or even what many black leaders ask for.</blockquote>
Actually, my answer to that is yes. I grew up in Prince George’s Co., MD. You can look that up. A lot of my friends work and live in that community, in education in that area, and live and work in government in Baltimore. (And, no, not all of those friends are white, and they’re not even all liberals.) Stop presuming what you know about me.

Well knowing people familiar with "rough areas" is only a start and by no means a guarantee of wisdom on these questions. Your repeated comments on race issues show that you have had zero exposure to black athletic environments (no, watching Monfils or Tsonga on TV doesn't count). Your read on these situations is entirely wrong. Someone like Michael Brown had much more in common with Vontaze Burfict than he did the gay males you probably work with - and I am saying this as someone who likes and defends Burfict. I am one of the only people in America who defends him.

As I have told you repeatedly, you simply do not understand or relate to an elite athletic mentality, and it shows in your perception of how tempers flare and egos express themselves. Someone like Michael Brown was not a timid little mouse with dark skin. He was in a rageful egocentric rampage that neither you nor Federberg could ever relate to, because you are both timid and weak-minded. For Federberg to paint a picture of an innocent little stuffed animal getting harassed by police shows how clueless he is. He would be the first person to be terrified if he went into many of the dangerous black neighborhoods in the U.S. I know of black coaches and black leaders who despise the Black Lives Matter movement, but their voices are completely drowned out because of rank idiots like Federberg.

Federberg has no idea what he is talking about, nor do you. Neither of you could ever befriend or relate to the likes of a Michael Brown on any level, yet you two clowns are defending him. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkOfqIXkBRE

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
15082 said:

I actually laugh at the insults Moxie. I'm not sure how old he is, but I'm reminded of the saying... "insults are the last refuge of the out-argued".

Reactions: Moxie

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
15109 said:
Moxie wrote:
I actually laugh at the insults Moxie. I’m not sure how old he is, but I’m reminded of the saying… “insults are the last refuge of the out-argued”.

Which must be why you have no refutation for the content of what I have said. I have made numerous arguments that simply went over your head and that you had no refutation for.

Â