US Politics Thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is the Dublin plan:

Now, a few years ago, the concept of a 15 minute city was dismissed as a conspiracy theory. Now they're on regional and council plans all over the world, and the media now say it's what 15 minute cities are purported to be, that is the "conspiracy". Yet, Travel restrictions to a soft extent are already being rolled out with things like the Ulez schemes... you can travel but if you're in a certain type of vehicle, you have to pay more to do it. Of course, during Covid many of us couldn't travel beyond 5km. With the thousands of cameras, 5G towers being put up, together with the programmable currencies being bought in... it's not hard to see where this will end up heading. Complete and utter authoritarian control, no privacy, controlled supply of food and energy, and destruction of the middle class altogether. Pretty much a return to feudalism.
I think reading that, it just irritates me what Dublin City council say about anything. But Dublin, as you know, was built in horse and carriage times. The traffic jams in the city are just not sustainable. 20 years ago I used to have to drive to work and I’d go from the southside to the north inner city, across the road from Croke Park. If I had to be in at 9, it would take about 90 minutes.

If I had to be in at 10 it would 20 minutes.

So I kinda get that they want to get traffic out of the city and make it easier to walk around. I’m not too sure what the great hindrance is to getting around otherwise. We’re not being stopped going to anywhere in Dublin, the traffic is just largely diverted, unless it’s delivery trucks. There’s still cars in the city but I think Dublin is a beautiful city and it can be appreciated better without huge delays of traffic everywhere?

Reactions: Moxie

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think reading that, it just irritates me what Dublin City council say about anything. But Dublin, as you know, was built in horse and carriage times. The traffic jams in the city are just not sustainable. 20 years ago I used to have to drive to work and I’d go from the southside to the north inner city, across the road from Croke Park. If I had to be in at 9, it would take about 90 minutes.

If I had to be in at 10 it would 20 minutes.

So I kinda get that they want to get traffic out of the city and make it easier to walk around. I’m not too sure what the great hindrance is to getting around otherwise. We’re not being stopped going to anywhere in Dublin, the traffic is just largely diverted, unless it’s delivery trucks. There’s still cars in the city but I think Dublin is a beautiful city and it can be appreciated better without huge delays of traffic everywhere? Ex
L,A. Is this bottleneck traffic jam 24/7 . Friends who live there say that if you live in, say, Tarzana, or Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, name your city you stay within your area so to speak and do most of your shopping/recreation/dining there because who wants to get into that bottleneck driving? . LA is nothing but 15 minutes cities.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
L,A. Is this bottleneck traffic jam 24/7 . Friends who live there say that if you live in, say, Tarzana, or Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, name your city you stay within your area so to speak and do most of your shopping/recreation/dining there because who wants to get into that bottleneck driving? . LA is nothing but 15 minutes cities.
I still don’t get the idea or the supposed problem with so-called 15 minute cities?

Reactions: Jelenafan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I still don’t get the idea or the supposed problem with so-called 15 minute cities?
they're trying to bottle people in to specific areas. It's a pernicious form of social control. Blows my mind that the media isn't talking about it more. Not even sure China or North Korea have gone that far yet :face-with-symbols-on-mouth: But add that in with digital currencies whose usage would make your location available to government it's positively Orwellian. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I must concede to @britbox that there have been murmurings from councils in midlands that something like that has been studied

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Am I the only one who's noticed increasingly on social media platforms that someone.. Tucker Carlson et al have been promoting the idea that Obama is secretly gay? I've even heard some people trying to suggest that Michelle Obama is actually a man :facepalm: Obviously this is a Republican strategy to try to blunt the effectiveness of the both of them in the coming campaign. I am beyond appalled. Not so much at the strategy, why should this be any more outrageous than the claim that he wasn't American, or he's a muslim? But the fact it keeps popping up on my streams makes me believe that there's a decent percentage of morons that are buying this shite. I fear for this world. People should be educated before they are allowed on these fucking platforms...

• Angry
Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Am I the only one who's noticed increasingly on social media platforms that someone.. Tucker Carlson et al have been promoting the idea that Obama is secretly gay? I've even heard some people trying to suggest that Michelle Obama is actually a man :facepalm: Obviously this is a Republican strategy to try to blunt the effectiveness of the both of them in the coming campaign. I am beyond appalled. Not so much at the strategy, why should this be any more outrageous than the claim that he wasn't American, or he's a muslim? But the fact it keeps popping up on my streams makes me believe that there's a decent percentage of morons that are buying this shite. I fear for this world. People should be educated before they are allowed on these fucking platforms...
Ugh … soon we’ll be hearing about Obama identifying as a woman.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
they're trying to bottle people in to specific areas. It's a pernicious form of social control. Blows my mind that the media isn't talking about it more. Not even sure China or North Korea have gone that far yet :face-with-symbols-on-mouth: But add that in with digital currencies whose usage would make your location available to government it's positively Orwellian. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I must concede to @britbox that there have been murmurings from councils in midlands that something like that has been studied
Indeed. The media (in the main) isn't talking about it because when you follow the ownership (or more pertinently control) trail, you end up in the same place as the people writing the script.

Neil Oliver is talking about. He's the former President of the National Trust.

All of these programs are connected. Programmable digital currencies, Population control, Transgenderism/Transhumanism/Genetic Engineering/microchipped populace, 15 minute cities (we're not talking about the organic type - we're talking about formalised zones where future restrictions will be added on the basis of climate emergencies and plandemics). The apathy of people in relation to this is frankly astonishing.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Indeed. The media (in the main) isn't talking about it because when you follow the ownership (or more pertinently control) trail, you end up in the same place as the people writing the script.

Neil Oliver is talking about. He's the former President of the National Trust.

All of these programs are connected. Programmable digital currencies, Population control, Transgenderism/Transhumanism/Genetic Engineering/microchipped populace, 15 minute cities (we're not talking about the organic type - we're talking about formalised zones where future restrictions will be added on the basis of climate emergencies and plandemics). The apathy of people in relation to this is frankly astonishing.

I’m a bit slow, so tell me what restrictions the 15 minute city imposes. You can still go freely across Dublin unhindered…

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m a bit slow, so tell me what restrictions the 15 minute city imposes. You can still go freely across Dublin unhindered…
It's not what they'll restrict now. It's what they'll restrict later. I suggest you read Agenda 21 and associated docs by the funded think tanks, and your ability for future travel, and even what you can buy and sell. The Chinese Social Credit System is the model.

Don't you find it remotely odd how all these supposedly different governments are pushing the same agendas? Isn't it time to start thinking that these endless coincidences aren't actually coincidences at all?

Reactions: nehmeth

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's not what they'll restrict now. It's what they'll restrict later. I suggest you read Agenda 21 and associated docs by the funded think tanks, and your ability for future travel, and even what you can buy and sell. The Chinese Social Credit System is the model.

Don't you find it remotely odd how all these supposedly different governments are pushing the same agendas? Isn't it time to start thinking that these endless coincidences aren't actually coincidences at all?
I don’t find it odd that different governments are having the same ideas regarding traffic in polluted, crowded cities that were built in ye olden times. That’s all I see so far in Dublin. Now I do find it wrong that so many governments are on the same page with regards to things like hate speech, trans etc, but that’s because the culture has lurched leftwards towards depravity and authoritarianism, celebrating abuse and illness, and dishonest ideas of diversity.

This is why I always say, no matter what the alternative is, we shouldn’t vote for left wing parties. Kick them out and teach them manners. And I’m not right wing or left wing. I think both those houses are poxed - but only one of them is attempting to destroy what we have..

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t find it odd that different governments are having the same ideas regarding traffic in polluted, crowded cities that were built in ye olden times. That’s all I see so far in Dublin. Now I do find it wrong that so many governments are on the same page with regards to things like hate speech, trans etc, but that’s because the culture has lurched leftwards towards depravity and authoritarianism, celebrating abuse and illness, and dishonest ideas of diversity.

This is why I always say, no matter what the alternative is, we shouldn’t vote for left wing parties. Kick them out and teach them manners. And I’m not right wing or left wing. I think both those houses are poxed - but only one of them is attempting to destroy what we have..
I disagree - it doesn't matter whether we perceive them to be left or right wing. The same is happening everywhere. Take the UK for instance - you have a supposedly conservative government doing the opposite of the issues they stood on. It's an illusion of choice.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I disagree - it doesn't matter whether we perceive them to be left or right wing. The same is happening everywhere. Take the UK for instance - you have a supposedly conservative government doing the opposite of the issues they stood on. It's an illusion of choice.
Well that’s true in the UK, and very disappointing to see. We need strong conservatives philosophically and morally to counter the loss of control on the left. Strong liberals too. No modern western government has either.

I make a firm distinction between ‘conservative’ and ‘right wing’, between ‘liberal’ and ‘left wing.’ The ‘wings’ are bastardised, village idiot forms of politics, and they lean towards authoritarianism and base divisions because they’ve become unmoored from the need to serve all the community, and not just their ‘colours’. Conservatives and liberals are necessary, and they understand that their opponents are necessary too, if we want a healthy society that discusses issues freely…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So it seems like McCarthy is going to push for impeachment. There's a decent chance this doesn't even make it past the House with such a thin majority. Meanwhile there are budgets that need to be passed. I can't see any scenario this makes sense for the GOP. They were probably already going to lose the House because of this abortion thing. Now they may well just lose independents completely and open the way for a blow out loss at multiple levels of government. Seriously seriously stupid...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So it seems like McCarthy is going to push for impeachment. There's a decent chance this doesn't even make it past the House with such a thin majority. Meanwhile there are budgets that need to be passed. I can't see any scenario this makes sense for the GOP. They were probably already going to lose the House because of this abortion thing. Now they may well just lose independents completely and open the way for a blow out loss at multiple levels of government. Seriously seriously stupid...
Carville agrees...

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
When did being Speaker of the House devolve into such a toothless impotent position that Matt Gaetz can harass you on a daily basis?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting that this is on CNN:

The first time I ever heard of Joe Biden was in 1987 when he was caught plagiarising the Welsh leader of the Labour Party’s speeches. That cost Joe a shot at the top job. He’s also admitted to plagiarism in law school…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

The first time I ever heard of Joe Biden was in 1987 when he was caught plagiarising the Welsh leader of the Labour Party’s speeches. That cost Joe a shot at the top job. He’s also admitted to plagiarism in law school…

yup. He has form. Going back decades. This isn't an age thing it's just who he is. It's also important to remember that he has a speech impediment so the word salad we often see is not an age thing. Again.. you can go back to the 80s to see the same thing. As I keep saying if someone like Nicky Haley or Tim Scott were to win the GOP nomination Biden is toast

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
CNN has been testing the water temperature for a Biden replacement almost from the get go. Their tone is going up slowly but steadly, and this is the latest notch.

This is not strategically stupid because if they stick with Biden, anti Trumpism will momentarily heal all the wounds anyway. Screenshots like these, as hard facts in general, have been proven irrelevant in politics.