US Open SF: Sabalenka vs. Fernandez

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
What an idiot she doesn't learn
MM and I were discussing her the other day and I said she wasn't ready to win a slam yet. She has to learn to harness these errors or she will never get over the hump. She hits one and misses two. That's not a good average against these human backboards. :nono:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
When Sabalenka can control her emotions one day she may win a GS title.she loses it mentally,her game falls apart.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We Gonna See No?
I like both in the next one, so I'll be happy either way. I'll spare you all a post of Eric Clapton's iconic song until Fernandez wins the whole thing, but it is one of my favorites. :) Meantime, Leylah, we are on our knees. Gorgeous tennis.

Reactions: kskate2 and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I like both in the next one, so I'll be happy either way. I'll spare you all a post of Eric Clapton's iconic song until Fernandez wins the whole thing, but it is one of my favorites. :) Meantime, Leylah, we are on our knees. Gorgeous tennis.
Sabalenka has not lost a set of tennis coming into the s/final,mentally as we saw she loses it and her game falls apart,when she is challenged,Leylah is just mature beyond her years and is as tough as nails as we all saw in that t/break.
I am not a fan of Sakkari,though she has improved her tennis .

Last edited:
Reactions: tented and Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Incredible how well that girl at only 19 (from 2 days ego) is playing so well, stable and so smart. some young guys of the ATP should learn from her.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I will probably get booed for saying this,here goes

The WTA at the USO is more interesting and exciting than the men at present.
No I am not going to hide in a corner,it is true!
You're not wrong at all, and I concur. Aside from some noise by youngsters, which is to be applauded, we're still winding down to the top guys, even without Roger and Rafa. That's not really spicy.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
When Sabalenka can control her emotions one day she may win a GS title.she loses it mentally,her game falls apart.
I wish Serena is on the other side of the court whenever Saby makes her first grand slam final.. Saby is exactly the type of player Serena needs to get past.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You're not wrong at all, and I concur. Aside from some noise by youngsters, which is to be applauded, we're still winding down to the top guys, even without Roger and Rafa. That's not really spicy.
No Roger, no Rafa, No Dominic No Stan No Fun

Reactions: AnonymousFan