The Race to London is getting interesting

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
He probably will get in but I don't want that guy in the YEC, definitely don't want him winning a slam.

Bit late for that now :s Doomsday is pretty much upon us and the authorities brought it on themselves.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
DarthFed said:
He probably will get in but I don't want that guy in the YEC, definitely don't want him winning a slam.

Bit late for that now :s Doomsday is pretty much upon us and the authorities brought in on themselves.

Mr. Doom&Gloom, if Marin plays similar tennis going forward, he could be a big challenger in all the slams. I expected him to do more on clay to be honest, he was underwhelming this spring after a strong start of this season, but he certainly made up here in NY.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:
I think Kei is a lock. He has performed very well in asia in the past and in the indoor stretch. Other than it's tough. This Berdie's time of year also, and Andy has had good results in fall before. If Cillic does not win tomorrow, I would guess: Kei, Berdie, Raonic, and Andy with 1st alternate being grigor.

I'd go with this, mostly. I don't care between Berdy and Cilic. (If Cilic knowingly cheated, I doubt he is now, and so you do get to try again, I'd say.) I'd like to see Grigor in the mix, and for him, I'd throw Raonic under the bus. Don't know how that works mathematically, though. But Murray, with nothing to defend should get in there, and I'd like to see him. I want to see him getting back to his best level.

Not who I want to win, who I thought though. If it were up to me raonic would be rocketed out of orbit.

Update: Cilic, Kei, Raonic and either Andy or Berdie. Very tough to call.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Has anyone got a updated race to London points score as yet? thanks in advance

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
fashionista said:
Has anyone got a updated race to London points score as yet? thanks in advance

Go back to the first message in this thread, El Dude updated the standings after Today's final. Those listed are the contenders for the 4 spots left.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:
I think Kei is a lock. He has performed very well in asia in the past and in the indoor stretch. Other than it's tough. This Berdie's time of year also, and Andy has had good results in fall before. If Cillic does not win tomorrow, I would guess: Kei, Berdie, Raonic, and Andy with 1st alternate being grigor.

I'd go with this, mostly. I don't care between Berdy and Cilic. (If Cilic knowingly cheated, I doubt he is now, and so you do get to try again, I'd say.) I'd like to see Grigor in the mix, and for him, I'd throw Raonic under the bus. Don't know how that works mathematically, though. But Murray, with nothing to defend should get in there, and I'd like to see him. I want to see him getting back to his best level.

Not who I want to win, who I thought though. If it were up to me raonic would be rocketed out of orbit.

Incomplete list. You forgot Ferrer and Dimitorv

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Riotbeard said:
Moxie629 said:
Riotbeard said:

Incomplete list. You forgot Ferrer and Dimitorv

Did not forget. I don't think they are making the WTF.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
DarthFed said:

Bit late for that now :s Doomsday is pretty much upon us and the authorities brought in on themselves.

I wish they would test him more rigorously but that being said, it's nice to have a new winner. Assuming he wasn't doping today, congrats.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Front242 said:
DarthFed said:

I wish they would test him more rigorously but that being said, it's nice to have a new winner. Assuming he wasn't doping today, congrats.

Are you kidding? How can you even think he will not be tested here?

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Riotbeard said:
Front242 said:
DarthFed said:

Are you kidding? How can you even think he will not be tested here?

What do you mean. I did not say he did not get tested here. Said I hoped he would get tested more, over-rigour in his case.