The Movie Reel

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The fuck??? :astonished-face:Is this real?? :face-with-tears-of-joy:Never heard of Harvey Rabbit, and not much comes up apart from info from IMDB...
Real alright and available to download. It's even on Amazon :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Captain.Faggotron.Saves.the.Universe.2023.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-HypStu

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Real alright and available to download. It's even on Amazon :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Captain.Faggotron.Saves.the.Universe.2023.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-HypStu
I have no idea how you found this film, but it was produced in Berlin, and seems to be VERY low-budget. Most of the people on IMDB have no other credits. (Or none, of the ones I checked.) Sounds like a lampoon, a la Rocky Horror. I shouldn't worry about it. You obviously don't have to download it from Amazon.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw "Challengers" today, Luca Guadagnino's film which is more or less about tennis. No, it's actualyl a story about a love triangle, which uses tennis as a structure. When I saw the trailer, I thought it looked like a banal Netflix film, a romance with a tennis theme. But I do like the director. So we tried it, at the theater.

IMO, it's no better than the trailer looked. It's overlong (at 2h 10m,) and the structure is risible. Josh O'Connor and Zendaya were very good, IMO. You could enjoy it, streaming, but, since this is a tennis forum, i have to say that the fake tennis scenes were incredibly boring. Apparently, it was mostly CGI, and you feel it. I can happily watch 4+ hours of real and fascinating tennis, but I couldn't take 5 minutes this fake tennis. If they'd just made it about the love triangle, and tightened it up, it could have been much better.

Reactions: don_fabio

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
finally been trying to watch The Irishman. As a De Niro, Paccino, Pesci and Scorcese fan I've been trying to find the time to watch it. I can't understand it, I watch 30mins, then find myself getting up and doing things. It's just not capturing my attention!

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
finally been trying to watch The Irishman. As a De Niro, Paccino, Pesci and Scorcese fan I've been trying to find the time to watch it. I can't understand it, I watch 30mins, then find myself getting up and doing things. It's just not capturing my attention!
I had the same problem, and finally gave up.

Reactions: Federberg

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really enjoyed “Anatomy of a fall” which is a clinical study of a murder trial, a woman accused of killing her husband. Man falls from the top floor of his French Chalet home, the only "witness" is the couple's blind ten year old child. All their personal grievances, resentments, competition, guilt, etc are brought to life.

What's fascinating about the film is that it's more a study of marriage/family dynamics, what is heard or overhead of a couples personal conversations, would any of us pass muster if that came into public scrutiny? Sandra Huller is remarkable as the fairly stoic German wife and I can see how she got an Oscar nom as best actress. The marriage was messy and the film while it almost seems documentary and dry, conveys well the underlying tensions that bubble up within a marriage.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I really enjoyed “Anatomy of a fall” which is a clinical study of a murder trial, a woman accused of killing her husband. Man falls from the top floor of his French Chalet home, the only "witness" is the couple's blind ten year old child. All their personal grievances, resentments, competition, guilt, etc are brought to life.

What's fascinating about the film is that it's more a study of marriage/family dynamics, what is heard or overhead of a couples personal conversations, would any of us pass muster if that came into public scrutiny? Sandra Huller is remarkable as the fairly stoic German wife and I can see how she got an Oscar nom as best actress. The marriage was messy and the film while it almost seems documentary and dry, conveys well the underlying tensions that bubble up within a marriage.
I cited this film earlier. I think it's terrific. Sandra Huller was amazing, as she was in Zone of Interest, also a really complex and interesting film.