The Magnificent Five : 5 Best Quarterbacks In NFL History

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
speaking of "snake" stabler, how many rings does he have?

I need to check on that.

I know he played his college ball somewhere here in the south. probably at Alabama.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
jim plunkett: now there is a name that we did not think about earlier:

the American indian from Stanford. what an arm he had.

his passes looked like heat seeking missiles. I have seen the old footage.

sam Bradford is another one who is of american indian descent.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Montana
Unitas
Elway
Brady
Manning

It's a tough list and there are no right or wrong answers but you have to put a lot of weight on winning (which puts Marino just out of my top 5). Meanwhile Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw had amazing teams around them and actually had fairly average stats despite winning multiple rings. Stats aren't everything of course but they tell us a lot. It's tough for me to even have Manning at #5 because he has been so poor in the postseason. Same reason Favre isn't there, as a Packer fan I watched playoff disaster after playoff disaster the last ten years of his career.
Maybe its the whole Chicago/ Milwaukee Midwest connection thing we have between us but you have it correct my friend. I didn't see Unitas but I heard he was the man..

Btw.. Do you watch NFL Live.. Herm Edwards is the best.. When he speaks, he just tells the brutally honest Truth.. I just love when he tells someone.. Don't tap out.. Here are Herm's best quotes besides .. Hello, You play to win the game..

“You got champagne tastes, but you got beer money… that's not good!” Herm Edwards.

"Stay focused. Your start does not determine how you're going to finish."~Herm Edwards

determination, focus, Herman Edwards

"Let me tell you something about being famous. Be careful what you wish for."~Herm Edwards

Fame, Herman Edwards

"Talent, expectations and production - sometimes can be a curse." ~ Herman Edwards

Herman Edwards, talent

"If you play for me, you can't quit. You can retire, but I'm not gonna let you quit." ~Herman Edwards

Herman Edwards, NFL, tenacity

"This is what I believe. Your habits create who you are. If you're not willing to change your habits, you aren't going to change as a person." ~Herm Edwards

Habits, Herman Edwards

"I've been in the league 30 years. I'm an old man. But I've still got one hit left in me. I'm saving it." ~ Herm Edwards

Herman Edwards, longevity, NFL

"Don't let the circumstances disrupt your vision. Your problems are never bigger than your purpose." ~Herm Edwards

discipline, Herman Edwards, purpose

"A goal without a plan is a wish. What's your plan? It's on you, because you have to do all the work. " ~ Herman Edwards

goals, Herman Edwards, planning

"You play to win the game." ~Herm Edwards

Herman Edwards, winning

"Nothing good happens after midnight." ~ Herm Edwards

discipline, Herman Edwards

"One thing about talent is you didn't earn it. God gave it to you. But does the production meet the talent? If you're not a productive player, then it becomes a curse." ~Herman Edwards

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Herm is the man! I don't watch much NFL Live anymore, usually just post game highlights during the season. Where are they going to have the new hero Ray Lewis broadcast? That ought to be something...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Herm is the man! I don't watch much NFL Live anymore, usually just post game highlights during the season. Where are they going to have the new hero Ray Lewis broadcast? That ought to be something...

Ray may be coming off the ESPN bench soon ....they just fired Hugh Douglass for cursing out TNDL Mike Smith while they were at the House of Blues.. I think Hugh got full of the spirit juice and spoke his sober man..

fedfan

Club Member
Reactions
1. Johnny U
2. Montana
3. Brady
4. Staubach
5. Favre

Biggest Gun: Elway
Best to never a ring: Marino
Tightest Spiral: Billy Kilmer :laydownlaughing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date