The funk and nothin' but the funk

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Been funkin' to James Brown these last few days--got up on the good foot and in a cold sweat! So, I had to go for the big payback! Tell me some of your favorite maestros of funkadelic viberosity. Hit me! ::please::please::please:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So none of you think I am looney, "Get on the Good Foot", "Cold Sweat" and "The Payback" are famed James Brown funk/soul records. He used to say "hit me" at certain points in a tune to signal his horn players and the rest to start a groove.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Faves are: JB's Monorail and Make it Funky. By the way, I've got all the JB hits because we skate to them here in the Chi (hence my username). :D

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
well, kskate, it looks like it is you and me who got peace, love and sooooooooouuuulllllllllll. :)

I was listening to a little LTD last night--Love Balled and, of course, Back in Love Again. Ma, those tunes take me back, with pre-MTV Jeffrey Osborne on the vocals!!!!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What's everyone favourite movie soundtracks? i.e. The songs within a movie.

Always enjoyed the "Lost Boys" tracks... a couple of gems in there (People are Strange, Echo and the Bunnymen) and the haunting "Cry Little Sister"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raI38f_xMZE

Cheesy, but I always loved the Top Gun soundtrack too - Danger Zone, Berlin etc...

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
shawnbm said:
well, kskate, it looks like it is you and me who got peace, love and sooooooooouuuulllllllllll. :)

I was listening to a little LTD last night--Love Balled and, of course, Back in Love Again. Ma, those tunes take me back, with pre-MTV Jeffrey Osborne on the vocals!!!!

Some people just don't know Shawn. :nono James was a legend ahead of his time. L.T.D., Cameo, EWF, Slave, One Way and the Commodores. Some of the best (boy) bands ever.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:

Always enjoyed the "Lost Boys" tracks... a couple of gems in there (People are Strange, Echo and the Bunnymen) and the haunting "Cry Little Sister"

Cheesy, but I always loved the Top Gun soundtrack too - Danger Zone, Berlin etc...

I never saw that movie, but I heard it was good. I liked the soundtrack to The Big Chill when I was younger and I love the music (not really a soundtrack) to Cinema Paradiso. I also loved the first movie Diane Lane made with all that music from Vivaldi--A Little Romance (Lord Laurence Olivier was in it too).

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
shawnbm said:
britbox said:

I never saw that movie, but I heard it was good. I liked the soundtrack to The Big Chill when I was younger and I love the music (not really a soundtrack) to Cinema Paradiso. I also loved the first movie Diane Lane made with all that music from Vivaldi--A Little Romance (Lord Laurence Olivier was in it too).

shawnbm - Put Lost Boys on your To Do List with immediate effect.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9tGjc5_NCs[/video]