The BEATLES Appreciation Topic

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Remarkable invention. I wonder if there was any more like it - Beatles or otherwise?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very well done video by Parlogram Auctions that examines The Beatles records when released in the Soviet Union - the 1960's and beyond. Interestingly only one song in the 1960's was even then it was on a compilation with other artists. And it wasn't one of their famous best known songs.

The Beatles SECRET Soviet Records - Beatlemania vs Communism...​

0:00 - Introduction. 0:35 - Titles. 1:16 - How The Beatles's music was heard behind the Iron Curtain. 3:19 - How to make your own Beatles records. 4:24 - 'Music Kaleidoscope Volume 8'. 6:20 - The only Beatles track to be officially released in the Soviet Union. 6:55 - Piano interlude. 7:28 - 1970's flexis and EPs. 7:50 - The 1980's releases. 8:31 - The 1990's releases. 8:54 - Odd translations. 9:12 - Re-designed album covers. 9:39 - Conclusion 10:04 - Outro.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Original 1970 film available on Vimeo. This is what it looked like when on release on home video market in 1980/81 for a limited time. Still relevant today as there some scenes not found on the Disney product and the fact that the 1970 film probably will not get an official release despite what was said three years ago,

Reactions: tented

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
‘The Beatles: Get Back – The Rooftop Performance’ will land on Spotify, Apple Music and other major streaming platforms from January 28 at 5am GMT via Apple Corps Ltd/Capitol/UMe.

The press release states that the complete audio for The Beatles’ rooftop performance has been mixed in stereo and Dolby Atmos for the very first time by Giles Martin and Sam Okel.

We wanted to put it on the box set,” Giles Martin tells Rolling Stone in an exclusive interview. “But it just took up too much real estate. It’s 40 minutes, so it didn’t make any sense. But the response to Get Back has been so extraordinary.”

Get Back: The Rooftop Performance debuts just in time for the show’s anniversary on January 30th, 1969, at the end of the sessions. The Beatles went up on the roof of their Apple headquarters in London, as crowds gathered in the streets below, until the show got shut down by the police. Three of the roof performances made it on to the finished Let It Be album: “I’ve Got a Feeling,” “Dig a Pony,” and “One After 909.” It turned out to be the last time the Beatles ever played live in public.

“I always thought the rooftop concert is better to be seen and listened to, rather than just listened to,” Martin says. But the rapturous acclaim for Get Back changed his mind. “There was such an overwhelming request: ‘Why don’t we have this?’ That’s why we did it. I think this is more of a historical document for fans. I’ve made it so fans can listen to everything I have, really. I cut off a bit at the end, which is basically just wind noise, and that’s it. I mixed the whole thing from start to finish in its entirety.”

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
'Anna (Go to Him)' - The Beatles recorded this on February 11 , 1963 along with the 11 other tracks included on their debut album.
The entire Please Please me album must rate as flawless , one of the reasons being that it was recorded as one long session, effectively as a live album recorded in the studio.

original version was by Arthur Alexander -

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Soldier of Love" - another Alexander song waxed by the Beatles, but only for their BBC radio series.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Beatles live in Japan on 30 june 1966 and 1 July 1966...
Images has been upscaled but not the audio where at times the guitars and screams from the crowds are louder than their vocals. Also includes support acts singing in english, believe it or not !

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
:face-with-tears-of-joy: Ray Davies must've been a sandwich short of a picnic re: his "review" on "Revolver." Because some of the songs off the album actually suited and could've been produced by the KINKS around the same time.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good collection of 1962 -1966 news, interviews and TV appearances... BUT NO MUSIC... on this documentary - The Beatles Explosion.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
interesting find. Was NOT AWARE that this 1980's Dutch outfit had two further Beatles medley.
And don't they sound just like them, too in particular the singer depicting John Lennon?

Had the original 45rpm in 1981 (ie the one that starts off with 'No Reply').

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Got to Get You Into My Life - Mono and Stereo Mix comparisons and a alternate, developing take. Probably the closet they ever came to recording a Jazz record.

Reactions: tented