The Australian Birds & General Animals Appreciation Topic

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hello all. I am going to import one of my relic threads over here now.

Howsabout i start with the australian magpie.
The Australian magpie (of which my football side is named after) well they just loves to sing. Where i live we sometimes hear them at 4:00 am here, theyre based high up on a 30 metre size gum tree.

Normally I have to get up and go outside and throw a handful of oats over the fence in order to give him/her a feed (and buy me some silence). Beautiful birds...

Reactions: Horsa and tented

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey whatever became of Nora the piano loving feline? Well folks she's still loves the PI-ANO and recently turn 16, bless her.
Elton John or Billy Joel got nothing on NORA X

Reactions: Horsa

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The angelic looking Tasmanian Devil.

Their loud howling noise is what makes them the 'devil', but once you are able to calm or tame them or can establish some trust, they are in fact extremely quiet as we can see on the following:

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This poor and cute Koala was in our news in adelaide recently. He's OK now back in his wild life.

Reactions: Horsa and tented

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Good idea for a thread but can we have more information about these animals & birds, please?

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Goat has invaded on the Kanga's territory. Kanga then stares and eyes it off and scares (or attempts to) the Goat away, who appears to just want to be a friend.
Just take a look at the size of the Kanga and his enormous arms. Animals can be incredibly territorial at the best of times but more likely the kangaroo has a wife and joey nearby that he was protecting.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Hop the Kangaroo Apologizes to Family Cat​

Hop is a pet kangaroo but her sense of fun very much resembles that of a dog. The family cat was not impressed when Hop tried to encourage her to play, eventually leaving Hop by herself to figure out what she had done wrong. The good news is, the pair made up later.

Reactions: tented and Horsa

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Now it's images like this that make me wonder where these birds go and how do the manage and find adequate shelter (or any birds for that matter) whenever the weather turns nasty, like thunder, lightening and heavy rains, including at 3 in the morning.

Reactions: tented and Horsa

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the "Engineer" bird_ - The Rufous Hornero ?
They are found in South America and are renowned for the nest building. Check out the speed and precision of this one?

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions

Now it's images like this that make me wonder where these birds go and how do the manage and find adequate shelter (or any birds for that matter) whenever the weather turns nasty, like thunder, lightening and heavy rains, including at 3 in the morning.

I had to control myself here so I didn't post another song & make another funny remark.

I wonder that too.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
another of the engineering spiecies

Furnarius Rufus,​

Preparing material for making the nest,​

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
well.. are they or are they NOT EXTNCT !!!
This is very good summary on Thylacine (ie Tasmanian Tiger, relative to the Tasmania Devil) but from time to time you get some folks who claim they still exists in small hidden populations? You be the judge...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vince Evert Odds and Ends 0
Vince Evert Odds and Ends 0