The 19th Hole - Golf Talk

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I hear you and that's part of it for me. Since I don't play or watch I don't have a full appreciation for his game or anyone else's. Obviously he was phenomenal and dominated in a way that hasn't been seen but it's interesting how much people look the other way regarding some athletes personalities compared to others. also the guy has mainly sucked for close to 10 years and the hype got a little much at times.
sucked is a bit harsh. He's mainly been injured. He's tried coming back from injury many times but his body kept breaking down. Fusing vertebrae in his spine seems to have done the trick. I play more golf these days than tennis. He's something we've never seen before. He can do every shot on demand. It's something to see. And frankly the most clutch athlete of all time in my humble opinion. I don't think it's close.. at least in his first incarnation. He was pretty damn solid today

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
sucked is a bit harsh. He's mainly been injured. He's tried coming back from injury many times but his body kept breaking down. Fusing vertebrae in his spine seems to have done the trick. I play more golf these days than tennis. He's something we've never seen before. He can do every shot on demand. It's something to see. And frankly the most clutch athlete of all time in my humble opinion. I don't think it's close.. at least in his first incarnation. He was pretty damn solid today

Well yes he has been hurt for most of it and of course some of it was probably due to personal issues. I did think he was done, I know golfers can play for a long time but he's 43 with a lot of injuries. So it's already impressive that he is back and clearly he is picking up steam.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well yes he has been hurt for most of it and of course some of it was probably due to personal issues. I did think he was done, I know golfers can play for a long time but he's 43 with a lot of injuries. So it's already impressive that he is back and clearly he is picking up steam.
The next 2 majors are at courses where he's won before. It would be something if he could get to 17 in rapid fashion. Then the chase for Jack's all time numbers will be truly back on