Terrible scenes in Paris

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Death count now at least 140.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-shootings-live-updates-least-6828991

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
A terrible, devastating tragedy.   What is scary is that this happens in some parts of the world on a daily basis and it can happen anywhere else.

I didn't think Isabelle lived in Paris, I don't know why I never asked her, my heart goes out to her and her family and friends.  This is going to be tough on all French people.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My New York heart breaks for Paris.  We are a city with a pain tattoo, and we understand what it feels like in Paris, right now, I think.  I hear people trying to talk about being brave and not letting the terrorists win, and I hear others talking about being afraid, and wanting to leave the city. Both are valid positions.  The important thing is not to give in to hate.  That's what they want.  The Empire State Building is dark tonight.  Reste forte, Paris!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
43 killed also in Beirut, allegedly at the hands of ISIS. Trust that @brokenshoelace isn't affected.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
11654 said:
43 killed also in Beirut, allegedly at the hands of ISIS. Trust that @brokenshoelace isn’t affected.

Sickening what human beings are capable of. Horrifying. Apparently, there were 4 suicide bombers: One was able to carry out the plan, which caused the first explosion, as two others were heading towards a mosque (which would have raised the death toll by a hundred or so). A regular citizen, walking with his 6-year old daughter, was able to spot the other two heading for the mosque, and tackled one of them to the ground, who proceeded to detonate his bomb, killing himself, his partner (who thankfully was not able to detonate his belt), the man and his daughter. The man, named Adel Termos, sacrificed himself (and unfortunately, his daughter), to save hundreds. I bring that up because often times, victims of such acts become numbers. This man is a hero. This one hit close to home (literally) so I'm a bit emotional.

Fourth suicide bomber got cold feet and escaped, though there have been conflicting reports about whether or not he's been captured.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I read about Adel Termos... incredible bravery.  While these events show us the worst of humanity... they can also show us the best of humanity.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I was thinking about Broken when I read about Beirut attacks, I think it was 2 days before Paris attacks.   Glad you are alright!

It is all sickening and terrifying and I believe that most people can't understand how somebody can do these things but unfortunately the things I read or heard of before, I can't say that I am surprised at anything.

So apparently at least one of Paris attackers came to Greece from Turkey and then Macedonia and passed through Serbia to go to Western Europe with some of the thousands of the refugees from Syria.    One of them was born in France and was on the police radar since 2010.    And about an hour ago I read that French planes started a big bombing campaign on Raqqa.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for your support. I'm still alive don't worry for me but please, pray for victims and their family. Much love from Paris we'll resist and win the war against monsters

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for all your support. You're really helpfull

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
11776 said:
Thanks for all your support. You’re really helpfull

We are thinking of you, Isabelle.    Hopefully the situation started to normalize in Paris and France.   Take good care darling.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
WE GOT HIM !!! Abaaoud, the attack's "brain" was killed by French police yesterday. I'm more than happy that we finally stopped him before a new massacre