#supercute

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - Maria Sharapova got a pleasant surprise in the press room after winning her opening match at the BNP Paribas Open on Saturday night, when a member of the press informed her that fellow WTA star Serena Williams tweeted that her outfit was "totally cute" during the match.

"Really? Are those her exact words, totally cute?" Sharapova said.

She was then told that Williams had also written '#approved'.

The tweet in question...

Serena Williams ✔ @serenawilliams
Follow

I'm loving Maria S Nike outfit. #approved #supercute
7:17 PM - 8 Mar 2014

"I think we have to exchange designs," Sharapova said. "We have to design an outfit for each other, without knowing - that would be fun to do, without telling each other what it is, just unveiling it.

"You guys would all show up for that, right?" she added, drawing laughter in the press room.

Sharapova was then asked if she'd ever wear the famous Williams catsuit from the 2002 US Open.

"Well, I have to put an end to the idea of the catsuit on me," she replied.

"I'm 26 already, so I think those days are over."

The four-time Grand Slam winner and former No.1 was then asked about fashion in women's tennis.

"All brands are really competitive, and we try to set a high standard, try to create different things," she said. "I've been lucky to have my own collection with Nike and have other girls wear it, as well. I don't know - I like to push the envelope a little bit but still maintain an elegant and classy look and appeal to girls that are playing Under 14s and junior tournaments, and appeal to ladies that are playing in a doubles league. There's always a thin line because you have to create for different body shapes.

"It's fun - I really enjoy it."

Does she pay attention to what the other players are wearing?

"Yeah, I love it," she said. "I think it's fun to compare and critique - and gossip about it!"

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3705344/title/%23supercute-serena-tweets-sharapova

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
To Maria Sharapova's growing stable of off-court endeavors – candy company founder, global brand ambassador, Olympic commentator – add a new one: investor.

Sharapova, the four-time Grand Slam champion from Russia, will become the new co-owner of Sugarpoop!, a skincare company focused on preventing damage caused by sun exposure.

An announcement of the deal is expected Friday

The Supergoop! investment is the latest in Sharapova's expanding business empire, which includes her Sugarpova candy line and a number of lucrative sponsor deals with the likes of Nike, Samsung, Porsche and Tag Heuer.

Since landing on U.S. shores from Siberia at age 7 and winning the 2004 Wimbledon a decade later at 17, few female athletes have parlayed sporting success into commercial opportunity with more acumen.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2014/04/10/maria-sharapova-olympics-supergoop-nordstrom-sephora/7554459/

tented

Administrator
Reactions
RJD11 said:
To Maria Sharapova's growing stable of off-court endeavors – candy company founder, global brand ambassador, Olympic commentator – add a new one: investor.

Sharapova, the four-time Grand Slam champion from Russia, will become the new co-owner of Superpoop!, a skincare company focused on preventing damage caused by sun exposure.

The Supergoop! investment is the latest in Sharapova's expanding business empire, which includes her Sugarpova candy line and a number of lucrative sponsor deals with the likes of Nike, Samsung, Porsche and Tag Heuer.

Since landing on U.S. shores from Siberia at age 7 and winning the 2004 Wimbledon a decade later at 17, few female athletes have parlayed sporting success into commercial opportunity with more acumen.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...phora/7554459/

The link doesn't work.

And is it "Supergoop" or "Superpoop"? You used both. :s

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hope for Maria's sake it isn't Superpoop. :snigger

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
RJD11 said:

Sharapova, the four-time Grand Slam champion from Russia, will become the new co-owner of Sugarpoop!, a skincare company focused on preventing damage caused by sun exposure.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...phora/7554459/

The link doesn't work.

And is it "Supergoop" or "Superpoop"? You used both. :s

I don't know Tented, the link works on my post above

but not on yours.

R

Rose

Fiero425 said:
Rose said:
Is this a make up attempt by Senera and Maria?

A very weak attempt! I think Serena has finally decided her persona's been taking a hit and needs to turn it around!

It sure took her long enough to decide that :snigger

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Courtney Nguyen brings you SI.com’s blog covering all things tennis. Tips, comments, concerns?

Maria Sharapova: I’m probably going to have to write Supergoop! more times than I’d like — and its typo-laden analogue Sugarpoop! — but props to Sharapova for choosing to invest in a skincare company that is all about preventing sun damage. It never ceases to shock me how many tennis players refuse to wear sunscreen. It’s flat-out idiotic.