suggestion!

N

nelson

Travelling is my passionte hobby. I am planning to go with west coast tours and need some guidline to plan a healthy and better trip. I want to make this tour; one of the best tours of my life. Do you have any suggestion for me?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Nelson,

You might want to change the name of your thread to Travel Suggestions. I think it would get more exposure, thus producing more responses.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
nelson said:
Travelling is my passionte hobby. I am planning to go with west coast tours and need some guidline to plan a healthy and better trip. I want to make this tour; one of the best tours of my life. Do you have any suggestion for me?

Firstly, I suggest you don't go with West Coast Tours. I wouldn't recommend it. Hoof it, instead. Get your tent loaded, get in your old banger and go west, young man.

And secondly, there is no secondly...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You might want to check out these prices instead...

http://www.taketours.com/west-coast-tours/

They are far better value for money than the company you were considering. They look about $200 cheaper... unless of course you are looking for cowboys...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
You might want to check out these prices instead...

http://www.taketours.com/west-coast-tours/

They are far better value for money than the company you were considering. They look about $200 cheaper... unless of course you are looking for cowboys...

That's a great site, Britbox, much better than West Coast Tours that was linked by Nelson. I bet Nelson will be thrilled skinny when he sees this offer, it'll save them about $200, and who wouldn't want that?

I think I'll avail of it too - cheers, mate! :cool:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, I'm sure such massive savings will be welcomed by all travellers considering trips like this. That Bus Tour company nelson was looking at should hang their heads in shame charging extortionate prices like that. Do you think there is a regulatory organisation to whom such antics could be reported?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Yes, I'm sure such massive savings will be welcomed by all travellers considering trips like this. That Bus Tour company nelson was looking at should hang their heads in shame charging extortionate prices like that. Do you think there is a regulatory organisation to whom such antics could be reported?

I'd say there must be, but it's disgusting that they try rip good people off like that. I'm almost glad that Nelson put their link up, so now I know who to avoid, you know what I mean?

Because the company you posted are the ones I'm gonna use. I'll pack my sandwiches and bring a flask of hot soup and travel happily westwards with taketours.com. Might see Nelson on the same bus, eating his spam and chiclets...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I concur.

In a roundabout way, nelson has performed an excellent public service by bringing the topic up so we can identify the rogue traders operating in this field.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
I concur.

In a roundabout way, nelson has performed an excellent public service by bringing the topic up so we can identify the rogue traders operating in this field.

Yep! I think taketours.com should give Nelson a free choice of where they want to sit on the bus, maybe in a seat beside the driver. It's the very least they can do, since their bus will be very crowded...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep. It will likely be very crowded on the taketours.com bus because their offerings are so much better value. MUCH BETTER VALUE. When I say "crowded"... I just mean full. I suspect it will be still be very spacious and comfortable because they seem like such a nice friendly company who look after their customers.

The other company who tried to rip nelson and his family off just seem horrible. Nasty Companies like that usually charge a fortune but often cut costs. I could even imagine broken toilets with urine seeping down the centre aisle of the bus.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
If that's all you imagine, then you're being very generous to them! I imagine corpses sitting rotting in their seats because the driver got lost. Rats racing up and down the aisles, spoilt for choice on whether to nibble poor Nelson first, or the illegal immigrant Mexican girl who just wanted to work as a tour guide and ended up on the bus to hell.

I can't emphasise it enough: for comfort, take tours with taketours.com!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran, I'm so glad you've helped bring some of the potential pitfalls of engaging certain travel companies to light. I'm sure the board will be grateful and nelson will be back to thank you personally.

Like many, I always associate Rats and corpses with great plagues sweeping through the populace...

The tour suggested by nelson could arguably be renamed the "Tomb on wheels" Tour... having analysed your well considered thoughts. As history shows us - great plagues like these can only be defeated by widespread fire (i.e. The Great Fire of London) or antibiotics. I doubt there would be enough medical supplies on board the bus (if any), so the former would probably be the only realistic conclusion. The bus being razed to the ground with no survivors.

With these things taken into account, I'd have to agree that taketours.com seems to be the safer option to enjoying a genial family holiday out west.

N

nelson

Nice suggestion guys! Last night I just came back from my west coast tour and enjoyed there a lot. I used to visit some of the famous tourist places there such as Golden Gate Bridge, Hoover Dam, Lake Shasta Caverns, Yosemite National Park and Honolulu Zoo. I was amazing experience to visit the Yosemite National Park.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kudos to you nelson. You must be exhausted after going to California, Nevada and Hawaii in 7 days... particularly on a bus. Must have had some motor inside to get you round to all those attractions so quickly. Quality automobile engineering. James Bond would be proud.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hmmm, Nelson!

That must have been even less than 7 days, and you did all that. This is my problem with the tour company you chose: they cram too much in, and in too small a time. Obviously it's a cheapskate operation, and I have no problem with budget travel, but let's be honest: the prison bus would spend more time in each of them places than you must have.

I hope you took plenty of photos so you can relive it all a second time, because you sure as hell didn't have time to live it the first time! :nono

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz Odds and Ends 6