Sinner Man - Jannik Sinner Talk

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just want to say a congratulations to Jannik Sinner for an amazing 2023 season! I will rate his season as B+ due to his results at Slams outside of Wimbledon. But overall, he has improved A LOT in 2023! He has better fitness, more confident, a better serve and he did beat Djokovic, Alcaraz and Medvedev within a few weeks span! In addition, he did reached a Career high ranking of number 4 in the world!

Now for 2024, he only has only one main goal: He needs to reach either his 1st Slam Final and/or win his maiden slam title! With all the improvements he made in 2023 especially his ranking, he SHOULD able to reach at least a Slam final! No more excuses from him and myself as a fan not to accomplish that one goal. Furthermore, outside of the Top 3 players, he should able to beat the other players in Slam especially on a HC and Grass. There should be no more Week 1 losses at Slams (2023 RG) AND he should able to reach Slam SFs consistently form 2024 onwards.

I can see that he is there on what he wants to accomplish (which is win a slam first) on his career, he just needs one final push to achieve that goal!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Today Sinner is playing Djokovic in Oz. How can anyone not like this guy. Jannik is a class act from every perspective; the way he comports himself on court, the people he surrounds himself with. Off court he’s friendly, open, honest, without pretense. He has done everything to add to his game incrementally, stone upon stone so to speak. He has a fantastic foundation that will hold him in good stead throughout his career. I wish him the best.

Reactions: tented

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just want to say a congratulations to Jannik Sinner for an amazing 2023 season! I will rate his season as B+ due to his results at Slams outside of Wimbledon. But overall, he has improved A LOT in 2023! He has better fitness, more confident, a better serve and he did beat Djokovic, Alcaraz and Medvedev within a few weeks span! In addition, he did reached a Career high ranking of number 4 in the world!

Now for 2024, he only has only one main goal: He needs to reach either his 1st Slam Final and/or win his maiden slam title! With all the improvements he made in 2023 especially his ranking, he SHOULD able to reach at least a Slam final! No more excuses from him and myself as a fan not to accomplish that one goal. Furthermore, outside of the Top 3 players, he should able to beat the other players in Slam especially on a HC and Grass. There should be no more Week 1 losses at Slams (2023 RG) AND he should able to reach Slam SFs consistently form 2024 onwards.

I can see that he is there on what he wants to accomplish (which is win a slam first) on his career, he just needs one final push to achieve that goal!
He did reach his 1st Slam Final at AO! However, the MAIN goal is to win his maiden Slam title so three more sets to go!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He did reach his 1st Slam Final at AO! However, the MAIN goal is to win his maiden Slam title so three more sets to go!
He has proven himself to be the man to beat in this tournament. He just dropped his first set, and that to Djokovic. He's just beat the 10x winner of this tournament, and whichever finalist he gets, they will be limping into the final. I won't jinx it, but he'll be the odds-on favorite.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GE7w6L7WkAAASKI.jpeg

Jannik Sinner is finally Slam champion! I still can't believe that he came back from two sets down to win his maiden Slam title! Also, he beat three Top-5 players consecutively to achieve the special accomplishment!

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Since that devastating loss to Zverev at the US Open, Jannik Sinner has a record of 25-2 with 8 wins against the Top-3 players (Djokovic 3x, Alcaraz and Medvedev 4x), 10 wins against the Top-5 players (Rublev 2x) and 12 wins against the Top-10 players (Rune and Tsitsipas). He won 2 ATP 500 titles, reached the ATP Tour Final championship match, won the Davis Cup with Italy and now he has won the 2024 Australian Open title (which included beating 3 consecutive Top-5 players en route to the title).

Sinner took the long and hard road and he finally earned the achievement that he always wanted to accomplish: Becoming a Slam champion!

I am very curious now on how he does for the rest of the year! One thing he said in his post-match press conference that he expects the road to be longer and harder now that he has won a slam on his belt. He also said that he still needs to improve in order for him to become a better player. When he said that, I was happy because he is not content on winning just a single slam title. He knows the road will be just as hard, if not harder, so he will be willing to do the hard work all over again!

Reactions: Moxie and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think Jannik was ready to win a GS title until this year, as he has said it has been a 'process' and there were things in his game that needed to improve, eg his serve, to me he got stronger game wise from the middle of last year. I always thought his first GS title would be on a HC.
Jannik has always had a good 'work ethic' and reading his thoughts he knows there are things that he still needs improvement in his game, in order to be a better player, to me that sums up his good work ethic and I am certain he will reap the rewards.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I dont think Jannik was ready to win a GS title until this year, as he has said it has been a 'process' and there were things in his game that needed to improve, eg his serve, to me he got stronger game wise from the middle of last year. I always thought his first GS title would be on a HC.
Jannik has always had a good 'work ethic' and reading his thoughts he knows there are things that he still needs improvement in his game, in order to be a better player, to me that sums up his good work ethic and I am certain he will reap the rewards.
I'm posting his press conference in Italian, partly just for you, but also for @tossip so they can know that he really IS Italian. ;) I didn't listen to the English part, but I'm sure he said much the same, but he did say that the work he put in last year is paying off now. He also said that the work has just begun. His answers are very thoughtful, measured. He certainly doesn't sound like he's about to get ahead of himself.