Roland Garros / French Open 2022 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Iga was challenged today but used her mental training to get over it - watch her when she won
1653935733222.png

1653936505427.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Leylah Fernandez (17) vs Martina Trevisan.....first meeting for both players, also they are both left handers, interesting to see how they both tactically play each other.
Leylah defeated Anisimova in 3 sets, which was impressive,though I picked Anisimova to win that match, this is her first clay court q/final and her second in a major.

Martina is no stranger to the q/finals at RG as two years ago she made the q/finals as a qualifer losing to the eventual champion Swiatek.

Fernandez is my pick to win this match.

Coco Gauff (18) vs Slaone Stephens......H2H Stephens 1-0 HC USO 2nd round in 2021.This is their first meeting on clay.

Sloane has come into RG on a five match losing streak,personally I gave her no chance to even make a q/final.Sloane's game does suit clay,she nearly won this tournament in 2018.When Sloane gets her defense to offense going, it can be difficult to defeat her.

Coco made the q/finals at RG last year,she has done the same again in 2022, she has defeated some quality players along the way, Kanepi and Mertens.

Stephens is my pick to win this match

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.