Roland Garros Draw Challenge - ATP

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Make your picks for Roland Garros before Sunday in Paris. Go to tennisdrawchallenge.com. Please you this video tutorial to help you navigate, once you've signed up:

It's short, but as a bonus it is narrated by Baron Britbox.

Join the group "Discuss Tennis." We haven't been able to change it so far. Just roll with it. ;)

Good luck!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Trying to pick my way through the draw challenge. Murray, given his current form, has a lot of early land mines. I don't think his first round is easy, and he could get DelPo 3rd round. Struff v. Berdych? Struff has a nice clay game. The top 1/8th is going to be tough to pick, imo.

Also noted: Kokkinakis is making a cameo appearance via protected ranking.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Is this part of Tennis Channel's draw challenge (with a separate group for us) or is it totally different.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a different draw challenge. We haven't formed a group for the Tennis Channel one. Should we start one? Do you like it?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a different draw challenge. We haven't formed a group for the Tennis Channel one. Should we start one? Do you like it?

No, their system is not nice, especially when you form a subgroup. But, they give real prizes. I assume the board's draw challenge is just for bragging rights.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, their system is not nice, especially when you form a subgroup. But, they give real prizes. I assume the board's draw challenge is just for bragging rights.
I do remember it being terrible to navigate. Yes, the one we're doing is purely for fun and bragging rights.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do make your picks soon, people. I hope a lot of you will play.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Done! Mine and RankingsOffset (for the ones who does not know/remember, I created one account for which I pick only the higher ranked player, just to give an offset) ... could not think more than two seconds for each of my picks...

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@mrzz...I love the RankingsOffset. Great idea. I'm going to revisit all of my picks now, over a glass of wine.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Draw Challenge Standings after Day 2.

JvKDpbD.png

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
As always, I am on the top spots on the early rounds. I will probably keep there until midway round 3. From then on, all way down to the last quarter.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As always, I am on the top spots on the early rounds. I will probably keep there until midway round 3. From then on, all way down to the last quarter.

Don't worry, Dude will catch you in his arms as you plummet down the ladder.

Reactions: El Dude

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Man, I really suck at this.

By the way, why am the only one who uses my actual forum name? Did I mess a memo?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

By the way, why am the only one who uses my actual forum name? Did I mess a memo?
You're not. There are just some people in who aren't on the forums, I think.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're not. There are just some people in who aren't on the forums, I think.
Yeah, quite a few were from the old DT Twitter and there are one or two with different names than the forum, like @mrzz who calls himself RankingsOffset at weekends when he dons his high heels.

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Draw Challenge - Day 3

zLXfBEM.jpg

Federerfan, @mightyjeditribble and yours truly, currently occupying the medal positions.

@mrzz premonition about dropping down the ladder like a stone, seems to be coming true. @kskate2 carefully moving up the ladder, like a Lion stalking it's prey... ready to pounce on the contendors.

@El Dude and @Moxie locked in talks at the bottom of the cellar.

Reactions: kskate2

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Yeah, quite a few were from the old DT Twitter and there are one or two with different names than the forum, like @mrzz who calls himself RankingsOffset at weekends when he dons his high heels.

Where is the "hate" button when you need it? Luckily I did not name the "RankingsOffset" Priscilla...

Reactions: britbox

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

Man, you follow tennis closely and is no stranger to stats. You know the game. It is not the first time I have seen your name down there.The probable and rational answer is bias. I bet you always go for the young gun, and that must be killing you...

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
@mrzz premonition about dropping down the ladder like a stone, seems to be coming true. @kskate2 carefully moving up the ladder, like a Lion stalking it's prey... ready to pounce on the contendors.

Not so fast.... I told you to wait until round 3.

upload_2017-6-1_8-43-47.png

Reactions: britbox