RJD do you know what is going on with

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Taylor Townsend why isn't playing in Mexico.....what the heck is going on with her? The child has so much talent and yet we never see her in any tournaments.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Couldn't find much Special. The latest thing was

from a month ago.

Taylor Townsend Talks Pro Tennis

A ranking outside the Top 150 on the WTA tour means you don't get into the top events, you don't receive the free hotel rooms or other gratuities, and as with currently No. 350-ranked Taylor Townsend, you don't even get a picture next to your bio on the WTA website.

But the 17-year-old American is set to change that after this month embarking on her first full year of play on the pro level, leaving behind the international junior circuit where she claimed the No. 1 ranking in the world.

Last week at the USTA Pro Circuit Daytona Beach $25,000 women's event in Florida, Townsend not only successfully navigated the qualifying to fight her way to the main draw (coming from a set down in the final round), but upended former No. 21-ranked Aleksandra Wozniak before losing to eventual tournament champion and No. 1 seed Anna Tatishvili in the quarterfinals.

USTA Florida: Now that you're concentrating strictly on the pro level, what are some of the things you are working on?
Townsend: "I've been trying to work on my game, my strengths and weaknesses, making my strengths stronger and my weaknesses just as good as my strengths. Just trying to make myself solid because all the women on the tour are so solid, they don't make mistakes and they don't give you any points. Just trying to cut down on errors and things like that, and I think that once I solidify that my game will just take off."

USTA Florida: What are your tournament plans for the coming months?
Townsend: "I want to play Midland [USTA Pro Circuit event], then I want to play a couple Pro Circuit events, and hopefully I can get a wildcard into Indian Wells [WTA tour event] and then go from there. I'm looking forward to the Pro Circuit and getting a lot of matches, and getting my ranking up so that I can start getting into the WTA events."

http://www.florida.usta.com/news/taylor_townsend_talks_pro_tennis_bouchard_breakthrough111/

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Here it is Special

Former Top Five Players Receive Wildcards Into the Main Draws
Indian Wells, U.S.A.

by MVT PR

Former top five players Nadia Petrova and Vera Zvonareva; Americans Donald Young, Jack Sock, Ryan Harrison, Steve Johnson, Rhyne Williams, Coco Vandeweghe, Shelby Rogers, Vicky Duval and Taylor Townsend; and Donna Vekic and Belinda Bencic were granted wildcards into the main draws of the BNP Paribas Open, to be held March 3 - 16 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, it was announced today by Tournament Director Steve Simon.

nine Americans have been granted wildcards into the main draws including Donald Young, who reached the third round of this year’s Australian Open; 21-year-old Jack Sock, who advanced to the third round of the 2013 U.S. Open; Ryan Harrison, who boasted a career-high ranking of No. 43 in 2012; two-time NCAA Champion from USC Steve Johnson, who reached the third round of the 2012 US Open; Rhyne Williams, who is coming off a quarterfinals appearance at Delray Beach, pushing top-ranked American and World No. 13 John Isner to three sets; Coco Vandeweghe, a two-time ITF singles winner; Shelby Rogers, a four-time singles champion on the ITF circuit; Vicky Duval, who achieved a career-high ranking earlier this year after jumping 528 rankings places since the end of 2011; and 17-year-old Taylor Townsend, who turned professional in 2012 after reaching the top of the junior rankings earlier that year.

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/News/T...ouncement.aspx

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Why are they giving 8 wild cards? I say only 4 wild cards at max and the rest should come from the qualifiers. Its not fair on the other players.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
Why are they giving 8 wild cards? I say only 4 wild cards at max and the rest should come from the qualifiers. Its not fair on the other players.

I have no idea