Pre-Gaming Roland Garros

Who do you give a serious chance to win the men's French Open this year? (Multiple options, limit 3)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Apparently at the end of this week we will know whether Sinner will play or not, his doctors have advised him not to play at RG, fearing that his hip injury could become 'chronic"
Oh, god, I hope that's not true. He's young enough to skip it, and he should, it sounds like. That's disappointing, and a bit worrying.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh, god, I hope that's not true. He's young enough to skip it, and he should, it sounds like. That's disappointing, and a bit worrying.
You know he was going so well this year as well without any injuries, anyway if he has to withdraw so be it, he has youth on his side, I dont want him to end up with chronic hips,.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
I really like Ruud (+1000) and Zverev (+1600). Both players have gone deep at RG the last 2 years, with Ruud making the final both years and Zverev making the semifinals. Ruud is one of the most mentally sound players and makes the most of his skillset, while Zverev has shown the ability to overcome adversity with how fast he has recovered from the gruesome injury at 2022 RG. With the field wide open, I think this is could be the perfect opportunity for either player to break through and win that first slam.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
You know he was going so well this year as well without any injuries, anyway if he has to withdraw so be it, he has youth on his side, I dont want him to end up with chronic hips,.
He won't lose much if he has to skip RG other than a chance of taking #1 from Djoke. Better to rest up and get ready for the grass where he does have SF points to defend. And probably still a chance to get #1 there too.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner's hip injury is worrying. My guess is he will not participate in RG and try to heal properly. He is too young for hip issues, hopefully it won't become serious.

As for the odds that @Moxie posted. Yeah, it's a mess. Lot of choices don't make sense and favorites list is all scrambled if you ask me. No one really knows who will be the last man standing, but I said before even Charlie had to rest his arm, he is still a favorite to win in my eyes. As long as his body holds, he has the clay game. If he gets in the zone and peaks for the 2nd week we could see him toying with the competition. And I think he is hungry to get the 3rd slam on a different surface.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don Fabio,

I have just seen Sinner practicing on clay, via a video, maybe he is just seeing how his hip responds, though practice is not a match, and playing in a GS for 2 weeks, regardless if you have a day off, if there is a problem with your hip, could make it worse. Still no word if he will play or not.
Personally speaking I would rather him withdraw and get his hip fully healed.