Political Correctness

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You are entirely unfair. I never pretend that the US is the best or exceptional, and I have tried to champion women on this forum. You are playing both sides against the middle, with me. I am not your enemy, I am your ally. Trying to debate you is like trying to nail jello to the wall. But now you've brought in the prison system, and I'll be with you on that.

no i am not being entirely unfair.

you are , by your own words, debating about women's rights.

FINE.

I AM showing you that the notions of women's rights are taken by YOu FROM THE STANDPOINT of the context of american history itself. what passes for progess in the USA DO NOT necessarily apply to the notions of other societies who have different ways and evolutions of what ''rights" there are --=

and i am then putting all that in context of what the american EMPIRE does in the rest of world using its supposed ''advances" and progress as the justification for

imposing ITS will upon other societies.

anyone from anywhere on earth can agree or disagree with what ''justice" is - or 'rights" or equality" or DEFINITIONS of such thngs....but OVERRIDING all of that

is the AMERICAN DNA of its empire thnking that what ''americans call progress" because of THeir OWN struggles somehow can be used to ''liberalize" the rest of the world accoridng to american's notions.

that goes for economics, military, cultural, political, civil. rights, religion, identities, etc. etc.

for example:

in the 2014 SOCHI WINTER OLYUMPICS...

the wonderful billie jean kng -- she of ''womens rights and for gays'

- fine as THAT notion might be (AND -- TO make sure no one mistakes me -- I AM GAY and practically every single one of my dearest friends are black for whatever that means , but i personally just love being with them) -

was USED buy the USA -- and yes DEAR LEADER OBAMA to hjeap on more SMEARING of russia -- in keeping with the attempt to tell the world

"dont' go there, don't participate -- they're ruled by an AUTHORITARIAN PUTIN, THEY HATE HOMOS...blahblah"

who tehn -- BJK -- DISPLAYED herself at the white house calling for \

BOYCOTT SOCHI OLYMPICS -- our ATHLETES who are gay might be in danger

and tha tkind of insinuation because?

oh wait -- the RUSSIAN DUMA - ther palriament - passed bills that DO NOT permit homosexuals from ADVERTISING TOWARDS MINORS -

and TURNED by the USA press and politicians and ''freedom loving" folks like BJK

like russia somehow BEATS UP homos for living their ''lifestyle".

entirely wrong.

and why was this?

simple ...

just like the PANAMA PAPERS TODAY -- where FEW russians were involved in the list of corrupt very rich people exposed -- and PUTIN is NOT a client - of tha tvery secretive law firm in panama -- it's HIS PICTURE that is teh center of attention ....

the pOINT? that the USA

based on ITS notions of ''progress" thinks otehr countries OUGHT to bow b efore the USA for reasons REALLY that have NOTHING TO DO WITH HUMAN RIGHTS .

BUT PURE PLUNDER AND PILLAGE, WAR AND MONEY RACKETEERING

WRAPPING itself in the banner of ''human rghts". enforcing ITS laws - domestic laws UPON OTHER COUNTRIES (TPP , TIPP, NAFTA, TAX ''gathering" , tax havens, etc...are just a few Oof them -- not to mention the USA'S IMPERIAL 800 camps across the world to ensure COMPLIANCE with ''neoliberal , progressive america"..

and whatever is CONVENIENT as a ''human rights\" ''cause" to impose YET another war and attack upon YET another country that the USA has NO BUSINESS dictating to with its ''''justice" and ''rights'. where it is NOT WANTED OR WAS ASKED BY the ordinary people except as the CORRUPTED leaders -- like the SAUDIS, OR THE EUROEPANS DO regardless of what ther CULTURES are.

in short -- WHO are americans to think that theyir measurements and standards of behavior -- AND experience SOMEHOW is a measurement by which the world should behave?

and THAT includes notions of ''sexual identity" ''rights".

of course -- back to BJK -- her notion of waving the flag of homo rights to cajole the world into ''isolating russia" in order for OBAMA'S desire to hmiliate the russians

with ''no shows" FAILED -- despite teh SMEAR in US news and west -- about ''rotting, unfinished toilets., lack of security, blah, blah, blah"

and ISNTEAD teh athlets from the world declared it one of the VERY, best every organized - and the ''froendliest to athletes"...regardless of SEXUAL OR RACE identity...

IN WHICH the ORIGINAL CALVARY wnter olump[ics BOB-SLED TEAM from JAMAICA OVER 2 decades ago -- N THAT JOHN CANDY MOVIE --

managed to get to SOCHI - to qualify again - and got some of the biggest ovations...

in the land that supposed;ly -- according to OBAMA AND COMPANY

is so ''\AUTHORITARIAN AND NOT FREE "

and even obama declared |"is a THREAT TO THE WORLD RIGHT UP THERE WITH HITLER , EBOLA AND ISIL TERRORISTS".

(THE GALL OF HIM!! whos country has destroyed DOZENS of countries based on ''human rights and democracy and equality and freedom"!!) ...

so -- WHO OF US -- BE HONEST - MOXIE --

is ENTIRELY WRONG?

so -- i am not wrong, not by a sliver.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You are entirely unfair. I never pretend that the US is the best or exceptional, and I have tried to champion women on this forum. You are playing both sides against the middle, with me. I am not your enemy, I am your ally. Trying to debate you is like trying to nail jello to the wall. But now you've brought in the prison system, and I'll be with you on that.

and charactersing me with ''jmello"

has no bearing on the POINTS i made.
=============================

but regarding the 'RIGHTS" n ameican ''progress" abotu which you talk ...

prison system? i'vew BEEN in it - for a 23 hour night and day..and REALLY -- small as that is compared to the SUFFERING of blacks and the ppor in the country of

\'\JUSTICE" AND ''EQUALITY" ..

I found out -- from those fellow, 98 percent black prisoners -- just how HORRID life has been for their people -- and WHAT DOES OBAMA DO?

HE has spent his ENTIRE presidency -- LECTURING THEM about ''gettng up from your behinds and be RESPONSIBLE"....

BECAUSE his REAL masters -- the whites of banking and the FED BANK, AND the rothschilds, etc. demand his TIME and obedience

rather than the pl;ight of his FELLow blacks, some, NOT ALL( I know this from many of my black friends) -

who are so enamored of ''finally having our blackl president" they'd OVERLOOK

the FACTS of his presidency

as a SERVANT of HIS WHITE MASTERS!~

HE talks to americans about the 'progress I made possible" in NUCLEAR disarmament by DEMANDING that cuntries DISARM AND REDUCE

EXCEPT HIS EMPIRE! again placing the wonderful ''progressive" USA above all. \\\EVEN AS HIS OWN government - like the onces before --

is EXPOSED more and more for LITERALLY dropping arms supplies TO DAESH in syria and iraq!!

WHILE claiming ''we are fighting terrorism -- but the RUSSIANS are making things COM[PLICATED!!"

and YOU are talking and wrapping issues around women's rights or sexual identity in the USA -- AS ''PRGORESS"

WHILE YOUR oh ''so free society" is bombing the smithereens out of dozens of countgries and THEIR WOMEN and children ?

you want to talk abotu ''woemn's rights?"

talk to the IRAQI women - that madeleine albright , CLINTON BOMBED AND STARVED FOR A DECADE along with their children in the millionhs!
talk to them who are IMPRISONED AND STARVING RIGHT NOW in cities captured by DAESH AND ISIAL

WHOM YOUR OWN OBAMA GOVERNMENT SUPPLIES WITH AIRDRP WEAPONS!

YOU ARE TALKING about womens' rights in the USA --

THOSE WOMEN ELSEWHERE -- TENS AND TENS OF MLLIONS OF THEM ARE TALKING about STARVING and torture and rape

by TERRORISTS WHO HAVE BEEN ENABLED AND PROTECTED BY YOUR VERY OWN

'\''LIBERALS and PROGRESSIVES"!! led by emperor obama. !

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Your above is so wrong, and so egregious, it's hard to know where to start. I don't know where you get that Lenin invented political correctness, but there is nothing to support it. It's a US invention of the late 70s early 80s, I'd say.

Well, that is completely wrong and typical of the ignorance of people in the Democratic Party. Big egos and belief that they know what they are talking about, when in fact they are woefully uninformed and lacking in knowledge.

Here is where I learned about Lenin and political correctness. The book is written by a professor of Russian at a British university:

Moreover, the Frankfurt School existed long before the 1970s, and it was Herbert Marcuse and his colleagues who spoke of "repressive tolerance" and silencing dissent from the right. They were at least honest leftists, unlike yourself. And they also wielded far more influence.

Your laundry list of the basics of intellectual sovereignty is ruled by the canon which is controlled by men. And men have prevented women from getting an education, so, guess what? Men have more credits.

Did it ever occur to you why women, for so long, were not involved in educational life as much as men? And even if we assume the worst of men (which you clearly do as the anti-male bigot that you are), what does it tell you that for so long men were able to keep women from doing something that you consider fundamental, like getting an education?

Among other things, it tells us that inequality is a basic fact of life. (I would also add that it was that horrible Catholic Church which gave women major educational prominence during the Middle Ages before the re-introduction of Roman civil law during the Renaissance.)

That women have done so well overall across history is a tribute to their intelligence and diligence, given how limited opportunity has been up until late 20th C.

No one said many women aren't intelligent or hard-working. What I am saying is that men and women have different relative strengths and weaknesses, and that they are not "equal" in an empirical sense. The notion that the sexes are empirically equal or that gender is a mere "construct" is unscientific and irrational.

Men are achievers and women are teachers? Now you're just being a putz, because you know why that was long and often (but not always) true.

What I said was that the vast majority of great achievements in history in all major fields of endeavor have been accomplished by men. This is simply a matter of fact. Now, if we are to be balanced, we can also observe that men have done greater harm than women in inflicting suffering and death on others. Like I said, we are talking about different strengths and weaknesses. No one said that women aren't intelligent or valuable.

Use of racist language has changed, in common parlance here in the US, and it begins to change in Europe. They have begun to realize that language follows thought, and they have to decide how they will be different societies, as their admixture changes.

What the European and American ruling classes have decided on is language that borrows from the Christian universalist tradition ("there is neither Gentile nor Jew") while attacking the foundations of Christianity and the historic civilization tied to it. Being polite to other races in our historical era is not so much a matter of being decent or helpful to anyone but rather a matter of morally justifying oneself.