Noventi Open / Halle, Germany, ATP 500, 2019

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Federer wins after Goffin considerably dropped his level in the second. But Federer was solid for a change.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I liked what I saw from Roger - solid play. Hopefully he can build from it at Wimbledon.

10th Halle, 102nd title. Not too shabby.

Reactions: 10isfan

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Also his 19th grass title - almost twice the second guy on the list for the Open Era, Pete Sampras, who has 10.

Active player grass titles:

19 Federer
8 Murray
5 Djokovic
4 Nadal, Mahut
3 Karlovic, Lopez, Isner, Gasquet

If Lopez wins, he joins Nadal and Mahut.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting... is it for certain that Roger gets no.2 at Wimbledon now?

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting... is it for certain that Roger gets no.2 at Wimbledon now?

Yes, I think so. The seeding is complicated, with points from grass season the last year or two counting and weighted to this year. But I'm fairly certain he's now the #2 seed, after winning Halle.

Reactions: Federberg

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
GSM and others, being a Federer fan, what do you think about Roger's form going into Wimbledon? Are we in for a great Wimbledon with the Big 3 all cracking?

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GSM and others, being a Federer fan, what do you think about Roger's form going into Wimbledon? Are we in for a great Wimbledon with the Big 3 all cracking?
I don’t think so. Roger is very streaky these days, even within a single game. He could hardly hold serve against Batista, of all people. He made Tsonga look like a great returner of serve.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Good win for Federer. It was crucial for him to nab the 2nd seed for Wimbledon. Don't care about Halle, it's a warmup for Wimbledon.

Not sure he can beat an inform fakervic if they meet in the final, slightly better form than 2018 coming into Wimbledon but still a level or two below 2017. I think he can take care of dull but not sure about against a peaking big hitter like Cilic and co.

All things being equal, good opportunity to win #21 and #9 at Wimbledon.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at least he got better as the week went on and won the title. This La Decima is like Barcelona, just a side piece. The real one he needs is at Wimbledon. You can't get to 10 without first getting to 9. The other saying is more important than ever, 20 is nothing if that island boy hits 20 or more. Roger needs to come into this Wimbledon ready for war.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at least he got better as the week went on and won the title. This La Decima is like Barcelona, just a side piece. The real one he needs is at Wimbledon. You can't get to 10 without first getting to 9. The other saying is more important than ever, 20 is nothing if that island boy hits 20 or more. Roger needs to come into this Wimbledon ready for war.
You should not be worried, you have Roger's ultimate gatekeeper of his titles in the other half of the draw.. combined with those dumbass bias club rules..odds are very heavily against the dirt devil.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Rough night, just got up to see Roger won numero 10. Congrats. After clay, he said he had not time to prepare for grass. I think he was finding his grass legs first couple of rounds. I don't know how well he played today but looks like he is ready for Wimby. 3 days if rest, some light hitting and hopefully not a stupid draw, he should be right up there with the usual suspects, no?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
You should not be worried, you have Roger's ultimate gatekeeper of his titles in the other half of the draw.. combined with those dumbass bias club rules..odds are very heavily against the dirt devil.

Biased club rules? They made that "grass" as nice as possible for Nadal and Djoker, what other advantage do you want?

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions

Fed doesnt care enough about keeping the slam record as much as he should, sadly. He doesnt believe in the GOAT theory which is where the problem stems.

Contrast that with dull. The difference in determination is stark and could prove to be the difference when all is said and done.

Reactions: DarthFed

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions

That gatekeeper is not that far away from Frederer himself given that he's the favourite at 3/4 slams, chief.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Dude , don't be coy with me..you know what I am referring too..

Yep I know what you're referring to, your guy not being good enough indoors. And you also know what I'm referring to. I'm sure you loved seeing your idol Pete on the grass back in the day and now you are rooting for someone who wouldn't have a prayer in those conditions.