New Member Welcomes

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi everyone,

To some, it's nice to meet you! To others, it's good to see you again! Brit got me on this site and I'll start looking to post or lurk when my schedule permits.

Some might know me as M0m0 from tennis.com. If there's anyone from MTF this handler might look familiar.

See you all around!

It has been awhile. Who are you favoring these days?

BackhandDTL

Reactions
Thanks everyone, for the welcoming responses! Good to see so many familiars.

It has been awhile. Who are you favoring these days?

Definitely! I am still a hardcore Murray fan more than anything. Very close to that, though, I'm a proud Stanwagoner following his first clash Down Under with Novak in '13. Of the new generation, I like Fritz and Zverev the most.

Reactions: Moxie and DarthFed

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Hi Murat! I've been busy working on a plan I've got for a longer, more complex poem for my poem section so anyone who's interested in poetry & like my poems, please stay tuned. It could take a long time though. If I come up with any quicker, shorter poems before then, I'll post them, though.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Hey Billie, good to see you too! Music business is good, busy! I am at my shop (Drummer's Hangout) 7 days a week. Tiring but I am loving it! Feel free to visit me any time :drums:

Wow that is dedication, and being busy means good things. Are you planning on going to the Rogers cup at all?

Thanks for the invite.:dance2:

You must have watched the Raps this season and postseason?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Wow that is dedication, and being busy means good things. Are you planning on going to the Rogers cup at all?

Thanks for the invite.:dance2:

You must have watched the Raps this season and postseason?

Looks like the only session I can catch at the Roger's Cup this year is the Saturday evening semi final session and I will try to make that happen.

Raptors made us proud this year no? Even though it was a roller coaster ride in the play offs with our major guys, in the end, they got to where they were supposed to get to, the Eastern Finals, and lost to the better team in Cavs. But made it respectable, no? I am sure you were crazy excited too!

Reactions: Denis and Billie

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
They did great, Murat. Better than most gave them chances.:yesyes:

Mary

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Introduce yourself to other members of the site here...

I am britbox, the founder of the website who some people may know from other tennis websites - Tennis.com, Talk Tennis, Tennis4You, Tennis Digital, Google Communities and Tennis Frontier.

Welcome.
I am Mary, long term tennis fan. My first memory of watching tennis was seeing Rod Laver at Wimbledon so I may well be the oldest person here!! I have lovely Wimbledon memories. I used to live in Southfields just up the road from the courts. We would rush home from work to go and watch what we could. In those years it was easy to get in in the early evening and wander around and there were great matches on the outside courts.

Current favourites are Djokovic, Wawrinka and Kevin Anderson. I have also been interested in Zverev since seeing him beat Djokovic at Stoke Park a year ago.

I haven't played tennis since leaving school - never could hit a moving object but having a collie dog I am a great tennis ball thrower!!

Hoping here to share interests and news in a friendly atmosphere - some forums seem so full of vitriol I can't imagine what their everyday lives are like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billie and britbox

Horsa

Reactions
I am Mary, long term tennis fan. My first memory of watching tennis was seeing Rod Laver at Wimbledon so I may well be the oldest person here!! I have lovely Wimbledon memories. I used to live in Southfields just up the road from the courts. IWe would rush home from work to go and watch what we could. In those years it was easy to get in in the early evening and wander around and there were great matches on the outside courts.

Current favourites are Djokovic, Wawrinka and Kevin Anderson. I have also been interested in Zverev since seeing him beat Djokovic at Stoke Park a year ago.

IO haven't played tennis since leaving school - never could hit a moving object but having a collie dog I am a great tennis ball thrower!!

Hoping here to share interests and news in a friendly atmosphere - some forums seem so full of vitriol I can't imagine what their everyday lives are like.

I'm Ann. I could serve but was no good at returning. Aww bless! I love sheepdogs. They are my favourite dogs.

Horsa

Reactions
Hi Mary! I think they're the most beautiful creatures on earth. I've got a horse section on here under Camelot section which has lots of horse pictures & some horse poems & stories written by me. I've also got a poetry section full of poetry about different things which I wrote. This forum has more than just tennis & everyone is friendly.

Reactions: Mary

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I am Mary, long term tennis fan. My first memory of watching tennis was seeing Rod Laver at Wimbledon so I may well be the oldest person here!! I have lovely Wimbledon memories. I used to live in Southfields just up the road from the courts. We would rush home from work to go and watch what we could. In those years it was easy to get in in the early evening and wander around and there were great matches on the outside courts.

I haven't played tennis since leaving school - never could hit a moving object but having a collie dog I am a great tennis ball thrower!!

I live 1.5 hour away from Toronto, so every other year I go and spend full days there to watch tennis. I am relentless and many of my friends can't keep up with me, so I have gone by myself a few times. It's a beautiful and exciting game. 2 years ago I watched Nole and Stan play doubles here. They did lose to Zimonjic and Nestor that day but they had fun, as I did. I also attended a little Q&A in one of the tents with Kevin that same year.

I would love to hear some of your favorite Wimbledon memories.

10593162_745931472119809_1189468595791752695_n.jpg

10614175_745932988786324_1307513026519249986_n.jpg

Reactions: Mary and britbox
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Message Board Announcements & Poster Introductions 16