Nadal's gonna be world #1 again!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ranking points as they stand at present.

Medvedev No 1 7775
Zverev No 2 6850....there is still a injury cloud over Sasha if he will be able to compete at the USO?
Rafa No 3 6165

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Ranking points as they stand at present.

Medvedev No 1 7775
Zverev No 2 6850....there is still a injury cloud over Sasha if he will be able to compete at the USO?
Rafa No 3 6165
Medvedev has 1000 points to defend in Canada. So if he loses early & Rafa has a good tournament it could happen soon.

Reactions: Kieran

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Medvedev has 1000 points to defend in Canada. So if he loses early & Rafa has a good tournament it could happen soon.

It's amazing that Nadal's gone this long w/o winning a Masters; going back to last season! Novak was prevented from playing 2, but still took one on clay! That's so bizarre to see! Has HELL frozen over? Djokovic as a part time player has a Masters & Major! I can't be more surprised & pleased!

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the only way Nadal will get back to number 1 ranking is if he wins the US Open. He won't play a lot tournaments anymore for the sake of ranking.
Rafa is clearly at home on the soil of Canada he is one shy of Ivan Lendl the current leader. with titles, I expect Rafa to play Montreal
( Rafa hasn't lost in Canada since 2017, won 2 titles in a row)

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's amazing that Nadal's gone this long w/o winning a Masters; going back to last season! Novak was prevented from playing 2, but still took one on clay! That's so bizarre to see! Has HELL frozen over? Djokovic as a part time player has a Masters & Major! I can't be more surprised & pleased!
Djokovic as a part time player? You know that of the last 5 GS events, Rafa’s missed 2 through injury, and withdrawn from a third, through injury? And missed about 5 MS events in the same time, through injury?

But he’s been a full time player compared to Novak, who’s missed a single tennis event in January? :lulz1:

I saw one Djoker fan on Facebook moaning that Novak would have 23 slams by now but for all his vaccine-related issues :thinking-face:

Back to the topic, shall we say?

1. Kieran
2. The Sicilian
3. Nadalfan2013
4. Fiero425

:popcorn

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Djokovic as a part time player? You know that of the last 5 GS events, Rafa’s missed 2 through injury, and withdrawn from a third, through injury? And missed about 5 MS events in the same time, through injury?

But he’s been a full time player compared to Novak, who’s missed a single tennis event in January? :lulz1:

I saw one Djoker fan on Facebook moaning that Novak would have 23 slams by now but for all his vaccine-related issues :thinking-face:

1. Kieran
2. The Sicilian
3. Nadalfan2013
4. Fiero425

What's your point? Rafa's been a part time player himself for years; coming and going as he pleases! Facts are he normally wins at least 1 Masters event before FO! It didn't happen on HC or clay (his fave) with 4/5 attempts/chances! Novak wasn't even allowed in the States to play IW or Miami, but still squeaked out a Rome victory very rusty! :shushing-face: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

1. Kieran
2. The Sicilian
3. Nadalfan2013
4. Fiero425

That poster who is 4th on then list, Hates Rafa, when did he see the light and come back from the 'dark side' :)

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That poster who is 4th on then list, Hates Rafa, when did he see the light and come back from the 'dark side' :)
I’m surprised too! I thought that space would be gobbled up by a Rafa fan but brother Fiero knows the game, so I suspect that he agrees with me :popcorn

Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
What's your point? Rafa's been a part time player himself for years; coming and going as he pleases! Facts are he normally wins at least 1 Masters event before FO! It didn't happen on HC or clay (his fave) with 4/5 attempts/chances! Novak wasn't even allowed in the States to play IW or Miami, but still squeaked out a Rome victory very rusty! :shushing-face: :fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::face-with-tears-of-joy:
Rafa sneaked out a slam victory in Australia while being very rusty :yesyes: