My tribute to the diminutive Ferrer who will forever stand tall... sort of

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Really nice write-up, @luvsports! I appreciate it. I hadn't thought much of Ferrer, one way or the other, until I saw him in the Davis Cup tie v. Czech Republic. In the final v. Spain, Ferrer was down 2 sets to Radek Stepanek. He fought back valiantly to win 16 26 64 64 86. It was on home soil, but that took a lot of heart. I watched it. There are some around here that denigrate and even slander Ferrer's reputation and career. I'm with you, though. They refuse to see what real guts and commitment can accomplish, even when it's in front of them, or to see that for what it is. Thanks for the tribute.

Reactions: luvsports!

luvsports!

Club Member
Reactions
Really nice write-up, @luvsports! I appreciate it. I hadn't thought much of Ferrer, one way or the other, until I saw him in the Davis Cup tie v. Czech Republic. In the final v. Spain, Ferrer was down 2 sets to Radek Stepanek. He fought back valiantly to win 16 26 64 64 86. It was on home soil, but that took a lot of heart. I watched it. There are some around here that denigrate and even slander Ferrer's reputation and career. I'm with you, though. They refuse to see what real guts and commitment can accomplish, even when it's in front of them, or to see that for what it is. Thanks for the tribute.

Thanks bud.
I think he should be given a lot of praise because he has achieved a lot!

Reactions: Moxie

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
he's a player I like, I'll miss him

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Ferrer's last tourney will be Barcelona 2019. But beforehand, there is still AO2019. So how come this was his last GS? Did he already announce he'll skip AO2019 so much in advance?

luvsports!

Club Member
Reactions
He said in his interview that this would be his last slam.
I think he also said he needs a few months off and maybe Aus is not enough time to prepare?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I liked Lord Farquaad. Just like many, he was unlucky to be playing in the period he played. He fought hard.
At his peak, he beat everyone he was supposed to beat consistently but almost never managed to beat the people he was not supposed to beat when it mattered.
I hope he stays in the game, teaches young kids the value of hard work.

luvsports!

Club Member
Reactions
Like that nickname. I hope he doesn't get eaten by a dragon though.

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
Hopefully after he has a few months of rest he can go out with a strong performance at his home events. I have always rooted for Federer, but Ferrer is the one who has inspired me in my own tennis the most.

luvsports!

Club Member
Reactions
Hopefully after he has a few months of rest he can go out with a strong performance at his home events. I have always rooted for Federer, but Ferrer is the one who has inspired me in my own tennis the most.

Do tell!

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Respect his fighting spirit but never liked him. Boring grinder but not evil like dull.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Who'd say that Ferrer will last that much longer than Davydenko who too played about 70 tournaments a year.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Who'd say that Ferrer will last that much longer than Davydenko who too played about 70 tournaments a year.

Davydenko had a bad fall and mashed his wrist and was never the same after that unfortunately. Way more exciting player to watch than Ferrer too.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I always pictured Davydenko with a flight bag in the locker room waiting to go off to the next tournament.

Lol, 70 tourneys that Mastoor mentioned doesn't feel like an exaggeration. At times it'd seem like the guy played more than one tournament a week.

Reactions: Moxie

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I always pictured Davydenko with a flight bag in the locker room waiting to go off to the next tournament.

I sort of understood why he went to every tournament they organised in the world. Unlike Ferrer he didn't have any sponsors at all. Why Ferrer with all the clothes, racket and watch sponsors had to go everywhere that is just beyond me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Pro Tennis (Mens) 2
Kirijax Pro Tennis (Mens) 0