Matthew Shepherd v. Jesse Dirkhising

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was recently reading a book related to media double standards, and I found one comparison especially interesting. As everyone knows by now, the killing of Matthew Shepherd is one of the sacred teaching moments in American history for the homosexual marriage advocates in the United States. The great Jason Collins - hero of Barack "I'm gonna fight ISIS" Obama - actually chose his Brooklyn Nets jersey number in honor of the year Shepherd was killed. Of course, his murder was an evil act and should have been condemned.

However, virtually no one knows about the killing of a 13-year-old boy named Jesse Dirkhising in Arkansas in 1999 by two homosexual men, who drugged, blindfolded, gagged and raped Dirkhising. This is nothing to discuss lightly, because of how disgusting and vile the act was, but the unfortunate reality is that the media simply would not cover this or make anything out of it. It did not fit their "homophobia" mythical narrative.

Even Andrew Sullivan, himself a homosexual, wrote in the New Republic at the time about the coverage of Shepherd versus Dirkhising: "The discrepancy isn't just real, it's staggering."

I just googled this story to look into it more and I found this write-up from 2002 that seems to cover what happened in decent detail:

http://www.wnd.com/2002/09/15294/

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That was a horrific account of what that poor child suffered. Both events ended in lives being taken; both were savage, brutal acts.

Forty years ago, I doubt the Matthew Shepherd story would have made the national news. Sadly it seems the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction. Either way, it's wrong.