Listening to Bernie....

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

It occurred to me that I haven't really listened to Bernie Sanders talk much, so I spent some time on youtube listening to some of his views. I have to say I find what he says compelling. One of the things I've been looking at over the last decade and a half of macro trading is the fact that more and more wealth is being accumulated through capital to the detriment of worker incomes. If you look at the charts it's unprecedented, and it inevitably leads to the question, where/when does it end? You see, it has to change at some point otherwise consumers would be unable to purchase the goods that are being created by capital. But over the last few years we see increasingly conspicuous consumption of the extremely wealthy and the middle class in developed economies have become squeezed and marginalised as the benefits of globalisation don't come to them. When the riots happened in London about 3 or 4 years ago, and we saw the 'Occupy' movement spread around the globe, I thought that was the start of the trend of the middle and lower classes to recapture what they had lost, but it fizzled away. But I guess it was just went into dormancy as governments were able to frustrate the movements

In the UK, we were appalled when Jeremy Corbyn won the leadership of the Labour party. Now we've seen Brexit become a reality, and since then we've seen the success of both Trump and Bernie. I think this might be the dramatic beginnings of the reclamation of the political power lost by the middle class. At the turn of the last century we saw the consequences of massive capital accumulation resulting from the industrial revolution, and the frustration of workers whose relative share was being suppressed, result in the success of communism and fascism in Europe.

If Hillary is smart she'll listen very carefully to what Bernie has to say, if she tries to dismiss it and focuses on placating the plutocratic elite she could well lose. Something very important is happening, and those who try to maintain the status quo are likely to be left on the scrap heap of history. I think these are fun times, opportunities will be tremendous, we're currently in a mature bull market which probably only has about a year left to run. When the next crash happens consumer stocks will be the new tech companies I'm guessing. I'm going to be hoovering up Amazon stock if we get the sort of collapse I'm anticipating, could be a once in a life time opportunity. Thoughts welcome

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I appreciate your posting this, and so thoughtfully, federberg. Bernie has a message that many people in this country have found compelling. And Hillary Clinton is no dummy. She knows she needs those many people who are pro-Sanders. Bernie is doing the right thing by taking his campaign to the convention to assure that his issues become part of the party platform. And they will. Thoughtfully, and with actual plans. This is very different from what we get from Trump and the Republicans, which is populism with no real agenda explained, anti-globalization that smacks heavily of racist innuendo, and vacant promises to the middle-class from a guy that has admittedly stolen money out of their pockets (when middle-class people went under water with their mortgages,) and has bankrupted mom-and-pops in Atlantic City by never paying them, doing deals that he came out of with money, and brags about how he was so clever.

Thanks for the stock tips.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope you're right that she takes it on board. All of a sudden it feels like revolution everywhere!