Lacoste, you must do something

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Seriously what is wrong with this company ?!
Why are they designing clothes that belong to the 19en century and then claim that they are "luxurious"?... :D
Only their prices are luxurious.

Check this grandma design wore by Simona Halep. Just horrible. :nono
Maybe Lacoste is designing ugly clothes in purpose? why?.. Someone there must be hating women :D
I wish I could see her wearing some normal Nike or Adidas wear some day.

1798795_822042687809941_1720569291_n.jpg

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: Lacoste, you MUST do something...

Agree, not very flattering. I love Adidas gear personally... never been much of a fan of Nike.

Lacoste have designed some decent casual gear in the past but this is drab.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

It looks like they were going for the 1920's flapper/Downton Abbey look, but didn't pull it off.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Baron,

We need a thumbs down button...

my sherona

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Maria will make that clothes stunningly beautiful .." It's the wearer not the wear"-R. Lacoste

R

Rose

The only female tennis player that I don't remember ever looking bad in a tennis outfit is Ana Ivanovic. But I do think she is just lovely so maybe that has something to do with it!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
my sherona said:
Maria will make that clothes stunningly beautiful .." It's the wearer not the wear"-R. Lacoste

"Get giant shoulders like mine and sh1t done look real good on y'all" -Ronnie Coleman.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Rose said:
The only female tennis player that I don't remember ever looking bad in a tennis outfit is Ana Ivanovic. But I do think she is just lovely so maybe that has something to do with it!

I know what you mean but at present I am just blinded by inner beauty :)
But I do like seeing a model or two now and then :D

R

Rose

Si Si Simona said:
Rose said:

I know what you mean but at present I am just blinded by inner beauty :)
But I do like seeing a model or two now and then :D

From all I have ever heard or read about her Ana is one of those extremely blessed women who is beautiful both inside and out. You don't find that very often at all!

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
I kind of think the companies sponsoring these athletes make a kind of calculus. If the player is blatantly an attractive woman they seem to put more into the design process (i.e. Maria Sharapova and even Eugenia Bouchard despite being so new). When a player is a great player but isn't known for being glamor girl gorgeous they make simple (often unflattering) outfits. It's actually kind of offensive. They used to do it to Kim Clijsters, she always looked SO unflattering in Fila.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
sk310 said:
I kind of think the companies sponsoring these athletes make a kind of calculus. If the player is blatantly an attractive woman they seem to put more into the design process (i.e. Maria Sharapova and even Eugenia Bouchard despite being so new). When a player is a great player but isn't known for being glamor girl gorgeous they make simple (often unflattering) outfits. It's actually kind of offensive. They used to do it to Kim Clijsters, she always looked SO unflattering in Fila.

I have a simple question to all of you:
Are the players allowed to choose their outfits and what style to wear or are they FORCED by the companies to wear whatever they are given?
Can the players choose from the whole range of their company or is the company telling them what to wear?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
sk310 said:

I have a simple question to all of you:
Are the players allowed to choose their outfits and what style to wear or are they FORCED by the companies to wear whatever they are given?
Can the players choose from the whole range of their company or is the company telling them what to wear?

It depends on the player's status. NO ONE is going to force Roger Federer to wear anything he doesn't want to wear. Bouchard, Halep, etc. don't have the level of success necessary to have much, if any, say in what they wear.

R

Rose

My post didn't take for some reason? And I don't want to do it all over :cry

R

Rose

I was trying to say that the only difference in Genie's AO outfit and her IW outfit is that in the AO her skirt was ruffled and in IW her skirt is pleated. But it is the exact same color combination and I don't like the color combination on Genie!

I also said if the companies were nicer they would give the more attractive clothes to the less attractive players, but it obviously doesn't work that way :(

(Shorter post version and I hope this one posts!)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:
It looks like they were going for the 1920's flapper/Downton Abbey look, but didn't pull it off.

I actually don't mind the retro look. I think it has a kind of elegance.

I don't like Maria's IW dress, though. The top is too small and the is skirt too big.

sharapova-IW.jpg

R

Rose

Moxie629 said:
tented said:

I actually don't mind the retro look. I think it has a kind of elegance.

I don't like Maria's IW dress, though. The top is too small and the is skirt too big.

sharapova-IW.jpg

Maybe the skirt was supposed to put her opponents in a trance, but that didn't seem to work either :snigger

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Pro Tennis (Womens) 2
S Pro Tennis (Womens) 6