The GOAT
Reactions
RE: "Indefatigable" by Jesse Pentecost

Thanks I enjoyed reading Jesse's thoughts on the USO final

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I thought the part about the trophy ceremony was quite amusing... was it really only five minutes?

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

britbox said:
I thought the part about the trophy ceremony was quite amusing... was it really only five minutes?

Yes, and included the most awful questions by Marry Carillo ever. I loved how both players completely ignored what she actually asked, and just went into their usual victory speech/runner-up speech. Novak actually put her in her place and said "wow, thanks for bringing that up on the first question" or something along the lines. To be fair, he didn't say mean-spiritedly and was obviously a good sport about it.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Broken_Shoelace said:
britbox said:

Yes, and included the most awful questions by Marry Carillo ever. I loved how both players completely ignored what she actually asked, and just went into their usual victory speech/runner-up speech. Novak actually put her in her place and said "wow, thanks for bringing that up on the first question" or something along the lines. To be fair, he didn't say mean-spiritedly and was obviously a good sport about it.

LOL. I posted this before reading the article. Now that I did, here's what I found:

"Neither Djokovic nor Nadal bothered to dignify Mary Carillo’s inane questions with anything like an answer."

Pretty much.

The part about the Kia spokesman was hilarious, too.