Jared Leto's Joker

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Saw the Suicide Squad trailer yesterday and had to comment on Jared Leto's Joker. While it's impossible to say until I see the movie, but I think he has managed to somewhere channel the Joker without leaning at all on Heath Ledger's version. I commend the guy for even trying in the first place but he may have found his own horrifying version of the Joker that people will be talking about for a long time. What do you guys think of his Joker look?

281D2F1400000578-3063154-image-a-26_1430425543609.jpg

Jared Leto's Joker is Really Disturbing and Here's Why

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw the trailer and it looks interesting. Ben Affleck as Batman, Will Smith is in it, Margot Robbie :heart: , it's dark and curious. Not sure what it's based on, because I'm not up on comic culture, but DC are trying to spread their wings and challenge the Marvel dominance in superhero stuff, right?

As for Leto, I saw him in the trailer, the look is good...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm a huge Batman nerd so I'll watch anything remotely associated with the Batman universe/Gotham lore (except the TV show Gotham, because it was garbage), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
^^ Ben Affleck as Batman, for or against? There was a bit of a kerfuffle amongst fans. I saw the Superman v Batman trailer and he looks okay in those few clips. It's probably going to be a more comic book film - like 300 - than the Christopher Nolan flicks were...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
^^ Ben Affleck as Batman, for or against? There was a bit of a kerfuffle amongst fans. I saw the Superman v Batman trailer and he looks okay in those few clips. It's probably going to be a more comic book film - like 300 - than the Christopher Nolan flicks were...

Against, but I think he'll do an OK enough job. It's tricky because it's not just Batman, but Bruce Wayne. Apparently, this is an older more worn down version of Bruce Wayne/Batman (at least the one being portrayed in Batman vs. Superman) which I think helps Affleck, but I can't help but feel there could have been more suited actors.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
I'm a huge Batman nerd so I'll watch anything remotely associated with the Batman universe/Gotham lore (except the TV show Gotham, because it was garbage), so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Hey brother, what did you not like about this? I started watching the first couple of episode while at a loose end, and it seemed okay. Good introduction to the characters, if a little obvious. Does it fail on an epic scale?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

Hey brother, what did you not like about this? I started watching the first couple of episode while at a loose end, and it seemed okay. Good introduction to the characters, if a little obvious. Does it fail on an epic scale?
Gotham was pretty good, received very decent ratings and the critical acclaim was very high here in the US. The character Fish portrayed by Jada Pickett Smith was superb, IMO.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

The first few episodes were pretty good. Then the show really goes downhill, IMO. You'll get what I mean by the time you make it into double digit episodes. In fairness, "garbage" was perhaps too strong an assessment.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
There was a scene at the end of the last episode I watched, where the Penguin met Falcone and they reminisced about their "last meeting" and it felt forced, added to make plot twists. It was the first loud false note. But otherwise so far I enjoy the look of it, kinda 70's cars and 90's computers, old school threads, and comic book staples in the villains. But I'm only about seven eps in so far.

I like the kid who plays Bruce Wayne, he has a noble aristocratic bearing to him, and Sean Pertwee is excellent as Alfred...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is anyone watching "Arrow" or "The Flash?" I tried watching Arrow but my gawd the acting and writing sucked the life out of all that is dear and precious. So bad that I haven't even bothered with the Flash. Does it get any better or am I wasting my time?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched maybe an episode of each. They're too lightweight to really count, imo...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Nearly finished Gotham now and it's still fairly excellent, buddy. Okay, it lulled a little then picked up again, but the villains are still great, I loved the Red Hood episode, the Dollmaker is a great macabre medieval character, Fish looks great with a blue eye, Alfred is maybe my favourite character of them all...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Anybody still tuning in to Gotham? Took a dark turn at the end of the last episode: Indian Hill...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Anybody still tuning in to Gotham? Took a dark turn at the end of the last episode: Indian Hill...
Yes.. It's pretty good. I like the focus on the villains because they are far more compelling than the other characters. I still feel that Fish may return.

The females on that show are :eyepop

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
Yes.. It's pretty good. I like the focus on the villains because they are far more compelling than the other characters. I still feel that Fish may return.

OK, now I have to go check this out. :cool:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:

Oh yeah. Galavan's sister. :heart:

I prefer Fish to Galavan. I like him, but he's a bit stagey, whereas Fish was a flesh and blood villain. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of Indian Hill...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay, Gakavan is becoming like a villain from Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. The sooner they move him on, the better. The Riddler is the most interesting villain this season, for me, ever since they unwise (spoiler follows, highlight to see) killed off Jerome (or did they?) and relegated Penguin to supporting cast (which thankfully is changing)..

It's still very good, though, and I love the visual aesthetic, with analogue TV's, wide lapels, big seventies cars...