Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome, Italy, WTA Premier

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Serena trying a bit of Italian...

Nice job with the Italian! Serena: a one-woman effort to prove to the Europeans that Americans can learn other languages. Brava! Also, what about all the American's in the finals in Rome. All-American women's singles final, and the doubles was the Bryans v. Sock/Pospisil. That's 3 more US Americans. Anyway, great showing from Madison. She is poised to make noise.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice job with the Italian! Serena: a one-woman effort to prove to the Europeans that Americans can learn other languages. Brava! Also, what about all the American's in the finals in Rome. All-American women's singles final, and the doubles was the Bryans v. Sock/Pospisil. That's 3 more US Americans. Anyway, great showing from Madison. She is poised to make noise.

Serena's French is also very good:)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Serena's French is also very good:)
That's my point! She's made a serious effort with her French, but it was nice of her to extend it into some Italian. It shows respect to the crowd, even if it's only a few words. But she was better than that.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That's my point! She's made a serious effort with her French, but it was nice of her to extend it into some Italian. It shows respect to the crowd, even if it's only a few words. But she was better than that.
Shame the French crowd haven't reciprocated in showing her more respect.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shame the French crowd haven't reciprocated in showing her more respect.
I hadn't really noticed that they'd been rude to her. Do you think so?