Internazionali BNL d'Italia- Rome ATP1000 - 14th May to 21st May

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
His problems are both mental and physical IMO. I think we have to start believing Becker and his loud mouth when he said Nole was being lazy with his training after RG last year. When I've seen Nole this year it's like everything is in slow motion, movement and lack of power on his shots.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak, great returner, didn't have a break point all match.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Rocket gave him the trophy! Nice. I said before, most improved on clay this year. Think of that loss to Rafa in MC. He was very calm and focused today for his first MS 1000 final.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well after that MC loss he said he wanted to play Rafa again and he was ready for the rematch

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
His problems are both mental and physical IMO. I think we have to start believing Becker and his loud mouth when he said Nole was being lazy with his training after RG last year. When I've seen Nole this year it's like everything is in slow motion, movement and lack of power on his shots.
I'm sure they're feeding each other. Because his head is all over the place maybe he can't focus and train properly

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Huge props to Alex. He won a master's title on his first try in a final and takes out someone who is tied for the most master's titles. :clap::dance2:

Wins a master title before Delpo, Glassikori, Le Monf, Dimi, Milos or Domi or any other present or former young gun. :yahoo:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Rocket gave him the trophy! Nice. I said before, most improved on clay this year. Think of that loss to Rafa in MC. He was very calm and focused today for his first MS 1000 final.

Well he played 4 clay tourneys, he got embarassed by Rafa and then a qualifier in the early rounds of the first 2. He had a decent Madrid but that one figures to be a good tourney for him since it's somewhat like a hard court. This one is the huge result of course and very surprising. Even something like a QF at RG would be a good way to build on this. He has never been past the 3rd round of a slam, I think that will change soon

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
First masters title for Zverev out of nowhere. This was surprising. Today in the final, I think Djokovic's fatigue had something to do with his level of play. I would still count him as a contender for Roland Garros.

Zverev wins a big title. So, he is a prominent player now. Congrats to him!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
First masters title for Zverev out of nowhere. This was surprising. Today in the final, I think Djokovic's fatigue had something to do with his level of play. I would still count him as a contender for Roland Garros.

Zverev wins a big title. So, he is a prominent player now. Congrats to him!

Fatigue? I know he finished 2 matches yesterday but neither took anything out of him whatsoever. Thiem won 1 game against him yesterday. He's just become plain bad most of the time. I was going to say inconsistent like Stan but really, besides that match against Thiem yesterday, he's been very consistent. Consistently bad that is.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
List of masters 1000 titlists this year so far:

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Alexander Zverev

Surprised?

I can't say I wanted Nole t lose, but this is what I've been looking forward to for years; a breakthrough by the "Next Gen!" I'm not going to proclaim "they're here" with the current success of Thiem as well, but it's definitely looking better than it did with Grigor, Kei, & Raonic! Sasha and Thiem have been very consistent in their overall record even though individual matches can be as different as night and day! I wasn't fooled by Nole's one-sided win in the SF, but what can be said? You focus on upset of Nadal the day before, but Thiem needs to back it up! Let's see what Sasha does at RG! I don't expect him to win, but he better not go out early to some nobody! :ptennis:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I can't say I wanted Nole t lose, but this is what I've been looking forward to for years; a breakthrough by the "Next Gen!" I'm not going to proclaim "they're here" with the current success of Thiem as well, but it's definitely looking better than it did with Grigor, Kei, & Raonic! Sasha and Thiem have been very consistent in their overall record even though individual matches can be as different as night and day! I wasn't fooled by Nole's one-sided win in the SF, but what can be said? You focus on upset of Nadal the day before, but Thiem needs to back it up! Let's see what Sasha does at RG! I don't expect him to win, but he better not go out early to some nobody! :ptennis:

No pom poms for Zverev?.....:pompoms:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I still think Djokovoc's game is coming back despite the loss. Zverev played well, with hardly any lapses in the match. It was Zverev's consistency that won the match. His serving was excellent, which made it difficult for Djokovoc to break him. He is still learning, and he now has a big win that will boost his confidence.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Awesome. Two days in a row, great wake-up gifts: Thiem beating Rafa, Zverev beating Blovak and winning the final.

I had predicted Thiem would win a clay Masters and Zverev or Kyrgios one of the late year hard court Masters, but this is a surprise.

Reactions: 10isfan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Awesome. Two days in a row, great wake-up gifts: Thiem beating Rafa, Zverev beating Blovak and winning the final.

I had predicted Thiem would win a clay Masters and Zverev or Kyrgios one of the late year hard court Masters, but this is a surprise.
Okay..is Rafa still pissing in his shorts about Novak..lol...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fatigue? I know he finished 2 matches yesterday but neither took anything out of him whatsoever. Thiem won 1 game against him yesterday. He's just become plain bad most of the time. I was going to say inconsistent like Stan but really, besides that match against Thiem yesterday, he's been very consistent. Consistently bad that is.
There no fatigue..novak problem isnt tennis related

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I still think Djokovoc's game is coming back despite the loss. Zverev played well, with hardly any lapses in the match. It was Zverev's consistency that won the match. His serving was excellent, which made it difficult for Djokovoc to break him. He is still learning, and he now has a big win that will boost his confidence.

Congrats to Sasha! I haven't seen it yet, but from what I hear, "he won it!" :ptennis: :clap:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
News!!!!! Novak after the final loss said in the presss conference that he has decided to work with Agassi for the RG