Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome - ATP Masters 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My TV said he won't be surprised if we see painted lines there next year, like the other clay tournaments. That getting out the hammer and nails was a joke.
Indeed it was a joke,I cringed in embarrassment.....get with the current program Roma and paint the lines.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Crazy the 29-28 Head 2 Head in Novak's favor.

Both guys had interesting drop shots, the angles and timing. The best thing for Rafa was he kept up good serving consistently versus a quality opponent. With age/attrition Rafa does have more UFE' s from baseline rallies, but against Novak, there really isn't any genuinely "neutral" rallies, both men are poking and prodding looking for any opening. That Nadal FH DTL looked like a beaut in some critical moments.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That's my DAWG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210516-141320.png
    Screenshot_20210516-141320.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You know that one thing I miss at Roma fans used to throw coins on the center court after a match,especially after a final.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Crazy the 29-28 Head 2 Head in Novak's favor.

Both guys had interesting drop shots, the angles and timing. The best thing for Rafa was he kept up good serving consistently versus a quality opponent. With age/attrition Rafa does have more UFE' s from baseline rallies, but against Novak, there really isn't any genuinely "neutral" rallies, both men are poking and prodding looking for any opening. That Nadal FH DTL looked like a beaut in some critical moments.
The DTL BH wasn't TRUE today ..Rafa didn't commit to leading with the shoulder..but he has two weeks to fix it... otherwise everything was spot on especially the serve

Reactions: Moxie and Jelenafan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
With his win today,Rafa extends his own record of "Most matches won vs #1" to 22.
Rafa is the only member of the Big3 with a winning percentage over #1 above 50% (W-L.22-18-> 55%).
He got "fat" off his record early on against Federer! Roger inevitably wasn't even guaranteed a win over Rafa on grass! Djokovic had to catch up to both! No one cares about the age difference if Fed has double MP several times over the years and allows Djokovic to come back for a victory! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He got "fat" off his record early on against Federer! Roger inevitably wasn't even guaranteed a win over Rafa on grass! Djokovic had to catch up to both! :good:
OMG, you're like those "weak era" people. Rafa didn't get "fat" off of it, he won those matches. Against the world #1. For sure Novak has been playing catch-up, and has done an amazing job of it. But it's clear that it took them to get a bit jaded before he could. Particularly Federer.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He got "fat" off his record early on against Federer! Roger inevitably wasn't even guaranteed a win over Rafa on grass! Djokovic had to catch up to both! No one cares about the age difference if Fed has double MP several times over the years and allows Djokovic to come back for a victory! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
That's just like saying you made the players club by dating Halle Berry and Hedi Klum.. Who cares when you did it but the fact you did. It puts you automatically in the Players Hall of Fame..( not ATP players)..

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OMG, you're like those "weak era" people. Rafa didn't get "fat" off of it, he won those matches. Against the world #1. For sure Novak has been playing catch-up, and has done a decent job of it. But it's clear that it took them to get a bit jaded before he could. Particularly Federer.
Please No More 'Weak Era" moments...........I thought we had moved on from that sh.t.

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please No More 'Weak Era" moments
I know. It's the cheapest trope out there. (Trope tried to auto-correct to trollop, which is funny.) Federer had it easy, then Nadal had it easy v. Federer then Djokovic dropped in late. (I'm guilty on that one.) How will we ever figure out who is the best? Answer: we won't.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
This challenger event is in my city, Zagreb (Croatia) and I so much wanted to watch it, but unfortunately there is no audience allowed at all. A few of us did watch Gulbis on a centre court a few days ago, but you have to stay at the fence and you see only 50 percent of the court. It's a shame. I caught some sunburns watching Gulbis, but what else to do, he is quite a character :)

Anyway this Seyboth Wild guy has a few good wins in his career but seems to struggle lately. I remember @mrzz was saying that Seyboth is a future top player.
He even won an ATP250 in the mean time. I guess one of the few teenagers to win an ATP event in I don't know how many years. Actually he started to struggle right after that.