How the war in Ukraine turned tennis into a battlefield

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure if you'll be able to see this article in the NY Times, but it's full of interesting things about tennis, and the politics of the war in Ukraine.

A few interesting things:

* Svitolina has been a major force in garnering support for Ukraine, including through her foundation.

* Starkovsky and Dolgopolov are fighting on the front lines in Ukraine.

* Dasha Kasatkina has put herself on the line, by arguing against the war, and also as coming out against the Russian policy against LGTBQ+ people.

* Svitolina thinks that Kasatkina and Rublev are the only Russians that support Ukraine. She says others have been "ghosting" Ukrainian players. I found that surprising.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not sure if you'll be able to see this article in the NY Times, but it's full of interesting things about tennis, and the politics of the war in Ukraine.

A few interesting things:

* Svitolina has been a major force in garnering support for Ukraine, including through her foundation.

* Starkovsky and Dolgopolov are fighting on the front lines in Ukraine.

* Dasha Kasatkina has put herself on the line, by arguing against the war, and also as coming out against the Russian policy against LGTBQ+ people.

* Svitolina thinks that Kasatkina and Rublev are the only Russians that support Ukraine. She says others have been "ghosting" Ukrainian players. I found that surprising.
News I posted earlier today, Svitolina is taking a break from professional tennis, she wants to do other things, also has picked up injury concerns from Wimbledon, she did not indicate when she will return to tennis, I personally feel the weight of the war., her foundation has taken its toll, mentally as well on her.