How Much is the difference between Men and Women in Tennis

Infra - red

Reactions
This thread might be awkward to some people but it's not like that.
Some days back , I was asked to compete against a girl of our club. For a moment I was reluctant to it but I had to. My opponent was top ranked girl of our club. I was thinking of a tough fight because I was not a top ranked player. Moreover, she was about 4 years elder than me. But surprisingly, it turned out to be a no competition. My first shot was an ace. Then I never looked back and went on to defeat her 6-0 6-0 . I smashed about 12 aces and lots of winners. On the other hand, she was hardly able to score more than two points in a game. Out of possible 48 points , she scored just 12 ( 7 in first set and 5 in second one ).When we played another set , she was completely demolished. I defeated her 6-0 this time too , but point wise score was 24-2. She just scored two points against me in the third set. She was so much tired that if we had played another set I would have completely white washed her without scoring a single point. Her after match expressions hinted that it was a crushing defeat for her( like for everyone else) . But our thoughts were not of disdain. She met me after some time to congratulate me. I also treated her warmly and gently as win and defeat both are pretty common in any game.
Then someone told me that I handed her, her worst defeat ever.
I was also very surprised at my performance because as mentioned above, I was expecting a tough fight and had a thought that I might lose to her. Then I thought of gender differences, but soon I remembered the famous inter gender match between Bobby Riggs and Billie Jean King in which Billie defeated Bobby quite impressively.
Another possibility is that perhaps she had not played against boys before that and she got mixed up and was nervous that's why she didn't played up to her level and I was able to thrash her. This thought is strong for me because she was more experienced than me and even if she was losing to me , she should have defeated me in at least 2-3 games in a set but her shots were slow and undirected. And as she was a high ranked player it's possible only when your day is bad or when you are nervous a bit.
What's your opinion about it and whether you have played any inter gender match. If yes then what was the result?

Last edited: