Happy birthday!

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think we need a thread where we can put our best wishes to our birthday babe, I'll start with todays birthday child Caroline.

Happy birthday Caroline - may your day be good and filled with luck - enjoy the Rhianna concert tonight - she's good:):heart:
birthday23rd.gif

What does numerology tell about today - well have a look

Is your birthday on a 11th ? You are gracious, elegant and prudent. People admire your qualities and some even become jealous of you. You are realistic, flexible and adaptable. You are remarkably kind and moral person. You are willing to sacrifice yourself for the one you love. Your lover will always have your gentleness, care and loyalty. You will always be happy to hand around the one you love. You come under the number 2. Napolean 111,Edison, Thomas Hardy were born under the number 2.

Well?

Caro and Rory waiting for Rhianna - nice!
BO6x5UgCEAEEt0M.jpg

Another birthday kind is Mona Barthel - also 23 today - congrats to her:
Mona+Barthel+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+lhwBRWF6zv8l.jpg

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Todays birthday kid is Victoria Azarenka

victoria-azarenka-4382-1680x1050.jpg

images

Hope you'll return to the tour healthy and sound:)

Another birthday kid is Medina Garrigues, Anabel who is turning 31 today

anabel-medina-garrigues-2012-tennis-wta-tour-0oadkh.jpg

tented

Administrator
Reactions
hoergren said:

images

Happy birthday, Victoria!

Wow, I can't believe she's already 24.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
hoergren said:

images

Another birthday kid is Medina Garrigues, Anabel who is turning 31 today

anabel-medina-garrigues-2012-tennis-wta-tour-0oadkh.jpg

Happy birthday to Caroline, Aza, and The Funky Cold Medina.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With entering 1st of August we have a new babe who has birthday Elena Vesnina currently #22 in singles and #3 in doubles with Makarova. It's her best year with two wta singles titles Eastbourne and Hobart and two doubles titles French Open and Indian Wells. She's an "elderly" lady from 1986 so she's turning 27 - congrats to you and may you continue your nice year. And stunning she looks:

images
images

polls_birthday27th_0230_765467_answer_2_xlarge.gif

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A special player has her birthday today becoming 40 years old and still playing tennis and coming from USA - guessed it? Normally I don't pay much attention to doubles players but she's special:

Lisa Raymond born 10th of August 1973
lisa-raymond.jpg

Played her last single in 2007. Her last doubles win was in new Haven in 2012 with her long time partner Huber. In 2013 she's been playing with Stosur, Kirilenko and latest with RObson. Her best result this year was in Miami where she reached the final with Robson. Played in Stanford with Hantuchcova. Still #17 in the doubles ranking. One of the few women who has a career grand slam in doubles. Played with legends like Navratilova and Lindsay Davenport. Worth a congratulation - me think so:clap:clap
happybirthday40iconsballoon.gif

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another dinosaur in the doubles field Liezel Huber turns 37 on 21st of August. Like Lisa Raymond she's achieved a lot in her career. Born 21.st of August 1976 in South Africa - emigrated to USA at the age of 15. She has won 53 doubles titles among them 2 USO, 2 Wimby and 1 AO. Most titles won with her long time partner Cara Black, who she played with from 2005 - 10. Was #1 on the doubles list november 2007.

WTA-Tennis-img6336_668.jpg

Played together with several of the old dinosaurs: Martina Navratilova, Lindsay Davenport, Nadia Petrova, Bethanie Mattek-Sands, Lisa Raymond. So congratulation to you.

37-birthday.jpg

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Today is the luckiest day of the year and why not celebrate one of the great players on the WTA tour, who has her birthday today - Vera Zvonareva. She's had a tough year with injuries. Vera Zvonareva. Born 7th of September 1984.
Vera-Zvonareva-Australian-Open-2009-rd-2_1812922_display_image.jpg

She was introduced to tennis at the age of six and turned professional in 2000. Her career high is World No. 2 by the WTA. Zvonareva has won twelve WTA Tour singles titles and reached the finals of the 2008 WTA Tour Championships, 2010 Wimbledon Championships, and 2010 US Open. She also was a bronze medalist at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Zvonareva announced her withdrawal from the 2013 Australian Open, citing a shoulder injury, which wound up being serious enough to necessitate surgery. She didn't participate at either the French Open or Wimbledon. As of August 2013, Zvonareva has not played in twelve months, but she's training tennis again and in a good mood. As she writes on her website 6th of August

Vera: "Excited to start working again. Back on the court. Back in the gym. Let the comeback begin:)"

I hope you'll return safe and sound to the tour. Happy 29th and best of luck.:heart::)
8446.gif

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not a birthday in normal tennis sense but I think you agree with me that this is special:

Kim Clijsters ‏@Clijsterskim 16t (18th of September)
congrats-on-new-baby.gif

Jack Leon Lynch is born! Born at 7.06 pm tonight and we are both doing well... His big sister , mama and daddy are very proud and happy!❤

So congrats to Kim Clijsters with her newborn

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Kim and family! I have always really admired that she wanted to have a baby, and so she quit (or "paused,") and still managed to follow her desire and her talent all the way back to 4 Slams and a WTA finals title. She's an amazing role model that it doesn't have to be "either/or."

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Next birthday kid of interest (my choice) is Sabine Katharina Lisicki who turns 24 on 22nd of September (starting in Japan half an hour from now;)).

27sl2.jpg

A promising player (of Polish origin) WHEN she's free of injuries. She turned professional in 2006 and her breakthrough came in 2009 with quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Championships. Won her first WTA title, the Family Circle Cup, against Caroline Wozniacki. In March 2010, she suffered an ankle injury at Indian Wells that kept her out of competition for five months and saw her fall out of the top 200. Rebounded in 2011 and won the Aegon Classic before entering the Wimbledon Championships as a wildcard and reaching the semifinals, where she lost to Maria Sharapova. She's only the second woman in Wimbledon history to make it to the semifinals as a wildcard. Won her third WTA tournament, the Texas Open. In 2012, she achieved her career-highest ranking, 12th, and again reached the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Championships. Again, in 2012 she had another ankle injury that prevented her from having better results on tour. Lisicki reached the final of the 2013 Wimbledon Championships, losing to Marion Bartoli. It's actually a paradox that her best surface is grass as she is allergic to it!

Lisicki has one of the most powerful serves in the WTA, regularly at speeds of over 120 mph. Her fastest serve is 130 mph, at the WTA Tournament of Champions in Bali on 6 November 2009 in a win against Melinda Czink. Her serve is often regarded as her main weapon and with it, for the year up to June 2013, she is ranked fourth in the WTA for first service points won, 70.2%, and fourth for service games won, 73.9%. Her serve also produces a very high number of aces, currently app. 200 for first half of 2013 and second only behind Serena Williams. Again she is injured pulling out of the Tokyo tournament.

May you have a sound and healthy 2014 so we can see you back on top. Congratulations with your 24th.

Birthday-Cake-For-You.gif

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Keep up the good work Hoergren, I just love this thread.

Now that Sabine made it in here,I feel like I owe you.
images

Happy Birthday Sabine!!

;)

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks KIU. Todays birthday kid is Melanie Oudin former junior world #2 coming from Marietta, Georgia. She is of French origin. I know many is not so happy with her at the moment, but I think she deserves a bit of attention. Remember she only turns 22 today (and yes it's past midnight in Japan and the 23rd of September).First time I saw something of her was at the US Open in 2009 where Caroline went to the final as 18 year old. Melanie was only 17 when she reached the quarterfinal!

Melanie+Oudin+Long+Hairstyles+Long+Side+Part+R-woVoJx4rTl.jpg

Many were saying Americas new wonder kid aso. She went to world #31 in 2010, but has had a wobbly carreer since then. She won US Open mix double in 2011 with Jack Sock. In June 2012 she won her only WTA title in Birmingham where she beat Jelena Jankovic. Until now she's won 5 ITF titles the latest in Texas November 2012. Being only 22 today she's still able to reach something. I hope she can rebound from her present 147th position in the rankings. Congrats to you Melanie and have a good day

Happy-Birthday-Glittering-Balloons-Graphic.gif

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well Serena fans we are closing in on her birthday is there any of you who will have the honour to make a birthday greeting to her - you know a little of the same with highlights, background information and a nice birthday cake/illustration. I'll be happy to make it but here is your chance to show some respect to the world #1:) If you are in doubt when it is it's the 26th where she turns 32.:cool:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Todays birthday lady is Serena Williams.
936full-serena-williams.jpg

Current #1 and one of this century's best players - yeah many says of all time. Born 26th of September 1981 in Saginaw, Michigan. Here are some of the stunning facts about Serena. She was #1 first time in 2002 and got it back - for the 6th time - this year. She's the only tennis player who has earned more than $50 million in price money. She's the only player who has achieved a career grand slam in BOTH singles and doubles. She's the only woman who has won 4 Olympic gold medals - 1 single and 3 doubles. She has a peak serve speed of 128.6 mph (207.0 km/h) which is the second fastest on tour - Venus is 0.4 mph faster! so it stays in the family. She's taken part in the Simpsons and different TV occasions. Been taken part in a campaign for Tampax. Doing karaokee and singing on regular basis - among her partners have been Caroline Wozniacki who by the way was one of the sportlers visiting Serena in LA when she's ill. Together with other famous people she is one of the owners of Miami DOlphins. Doing a lot of charity work and has a school named after her Serena Williams Secondary School in Matooni, Kenya. Well I could find other things but will end with a warm congratulation with your 32nd birthday - and may your days be happy and bright.

birthday-32nd.gif

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
After Serena we have one of the upcoming players. Simona Halep (born 27 September 1991) was more or less unknown to the tennisworld a year ago. Today after 4 WTA titles in 2013 and scaring high ranked players, she's the terrier of womens tennis, a type like Cibulkova meassuring 1.68 m. Michael Kimmelman (NY Times) described her as "a scrappy player from Romania, short but with potent ground strokes and a scrambler's talent".

images

Started playing tennis at the age of four. In the spring of 2008 she began playing in senior events but played mainly in ITF tournaments. Almost 18 (2009) she decided to have her bust size reduced as it interfered her game. It was reduced from 34DD to 34C. Since the surgery, she has moved up over 450 places in the world rankings. Breakthrough or sort of came in Marbella Spain in 2010 where she fell to Pennetta in the quarter final. Through 2010 and 2011 she gradually rose in the rankings and showed strong signs 2012 being runner up in Bruxelles losing to Aga. 2013 has been the best year with 4 (four) WTA titles: Nurnberg, 's-Hertogenbosch, Budapest and New Haven. I think many of you have seen how well she's played in Tokyo. Welcome to our terrier from Romania. Congrats with your 22 birthday today. Monday she'll be #17 in the rankings. May you give us many good fights to watch.

happy-22nd.gif

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Happy Birthday Serena J. Williams " The Goddess Of Thunder "

Nice tribute hoergren.....good pic.

( Serena is not the only one who has 4 Olympic golds

but like you said, its keeping it in the family )

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
On your birthday, you deserve a picture of yourself looking fab:

936full-serena-williams.jpg

Trivia question: Serena Williams turns 32 today, and she has 32 Grand Slams. She's the second woman to win as many as her age in the Open Era - who's the other?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Moxie Pro Tennis (Womens) 2