Flavia Pennetta "Straight to the Heart"

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've translated some of Flavia's recent memoir. It's frank about her heartbreak and how she overcame it. I hope you'll check it out:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/news/flavia-pennetta-straight-to-the-heart/

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie thank you for the translation.

I hope that one day Flavia finds a man who respect's her and truly love's her.I have always liked Flavia and I wish her well.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for reading it, fashionista. I was really touched by her openness, not just about the heartbreak, but how she picked herself up and moved on. And now she's won IW, her biggest title ever, at 32. And she's back up to #12…just two places from her career high. I hope she has yet a few things to show us. :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Thanks for reading it, fashionista. I was really touched by her openness, not just about the heartbreak, but how she picked herself up and moved on. And now she's won IW, her biggest title ever, at 32. And she's back up to #12…just two places from her career high. I hope she has yet a few things to show us. :)
[

Indeed,she has picked herself up and moved on.To think 12 months ago she was thinking of quiting the game and look at where she is now.....
Onwards Flavia!!!!!!!!!!

rubydo

Reactions
Thanks Moxie for this. Gives me an insight on Flavia, that I partially knew, but with her words it gives a real human aspect to her story. Thanks for sharing!

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
That sounds like a really great read. I like what I've read so far. I always like Flavia.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tenfan63 said:
Is her book published in English?

It has only just come out in Italian. If I can find more excerpts, though, I try to translate some more, if folks are interested.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like Fabio is the winning chap for Flavia per Koenig. I wondered about them being at each other's matches so much in the past few weeks.

Whew....she likes them a little bad I see....hopefully this works out:puzzled