Favourite TV Show Themes

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some of these are a bit old.... I don't watch much normal TV these days other thansport. Usually watch Netflix and Youtube.

But post your favourite TV theme tunes from past and present... bit of fun and nostalgia.

Wickers World.
This used to be a Friday Night show in the UK back in the days of 3 or 4 channels in the 1980s... loved the tune.

@JesuslookslikeBorg may remember it.

The Equalizer
Apparently this was pretty big in the US as well as the UK. Theme by Stewart Copeland, ex-Police

LA Law
Used to love this show.

Miami Vice
This tune has stood the test of time. It was also the tune for a series of NatWest bank ads in the UK for a number of years.

Dr Who
Still a classic - one for @Fiero425 maybe. 80s one was the one I remember best.

Reactions: Fiero425

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Ha BB, you are a sentimental baron. Lovely idea. Unfortunately a lot of my shows from younger age are foreign to you, but I'll try to remember some English-speaking ones and get back to this later.

Reactions: britbox

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lol..used to love chips..all time classic theme tune. jon n ponch cleaning up the crims on the freeways of California.

I think ive seen huckleberry finn all the way through twice, once was in the summerholidays of 1985 on bbc1, class theme tune too.

the littlest hobo used to be a fave back in the early 80s, and the equalizer was a must watch in 1986-87..used to be on centraltv on Thursdays if I recall, Edward woodward mopping up the scum with the help of musical score by the police's stuart Copeland.

..and needles to say the theme tune to the equalizer was cool. I wasn't allowed to watch dallas as it was on too late lol, not until around 1986 at least anyhoo.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ We were on Granada (N/West) but very similar recollections...

Chips... Saturday Dinner/Tea show - you either watched Chips or Dukes of Hazzard, cos they were on at the same time... probably after Dr Who, or before (memory a bit fuzzy)
Huck Finn... yes, that was always on in the school holidays, when you rolled out of bed... the days when school holidays seemed to last about 6 years, not 6 weeks.
Equalizer... yes, Thursday nights I think. Think LA Law as Wednesdays... Nothing like good ole Ed Woodward and his black gloves persuading those crims to drop their weapons :)
Littlest Hobo... think that was Sat Evening viewing, but can't remember. Dallas was definitely Sat Night... can't remember if it was before or after Match of the Day... After, I think?

Reactions: JesuslookslikeBorg

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
remember tom baker morphing into peter Davison ?..march 1981. lol.

At the time, Dr Who died for me... I grew up on Tom Baker and Peter Davidson just wasn't him... To be honest, nobody would have been. @Fiero425 don't like old Tom and he's a big Dr Who fan... but he was THE DOCTOR for me.

I did pick it up again later when I had kids and started watching some of the Christopher Eccleston ones where Billie Piper was the sidekick and did enjoy them. Don't get chance to watch them these days, but my youngest is a big fan and his favourite Doctor was David Tennant... I saw the odd show and also thought he was quite good. A couple of my students at work are big Dr Who fans from the modern generation and like Tennant and Matt Smith... Fiero has a blog, the address is somewhere on here...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This was another massive favourite....

The intro tune ain't one of the best, but I liked the commentary at the time.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
... and another fave (not the intro tune, just the show)

My kids are well into this (the old TV show, I have on DVDs), one of them is hulk mad.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sopranos intro was as cool as...

(you'll have to click to watch on Youtube as it doesn't like embedding)

Greatest TV Series ever IMO until Game of Thrones.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Always liked the House of Cards intro. Something about the music seems sinister or at least provocative and the show is certainly that.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey folks. I have a new quiz theme this time based on popular TV shows ranging from the 1960's to 1990's.

Can you identify these tv themes ?

Reactions: britbox

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good start britbox. You got three right. #10 is an australian 70's crime investigation series.

UPDATE

1. "Dempsey & Makepeace"
7. "Z-Cars"
9. "The Colbys (aka: Dynasty 2)"

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Game of Thrones by a landslide for me.

I also really love Dexter's intro.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
My favourite TV show Theme tune is "Heartbeat" sung by Nick Berry who played Nick Rowan. I prefer Buddy Holly's version of the song though. I had the 1st Heartbeat 2 cassette set. There were some good songs on. Tricia Penrose who played Gina Ward was a good singer.