27.04.2015 Millennium Estoril OpenEstoril, Portugal
27.04.2015 TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Open Istanbul, Turkey
May
03.05.2015 Mutua Madrid Open Madrid, Spain
10.05.2015 Internazionali BNL d'Italia Rome, Italy
17.05.2015 Open de Nice Côte d’Azur Nice, France
17.05.2015 Geneva Open Geneva, Switzerland
24.05.2015 Roland Garros

Novak, Kei, Stan, and Rafa did quite well last year. Who do you expect to do well?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just a geographical observation, Casablanca is not in Europe, also if you include Casablanca, why not Houston as well, then you have mentioned all clay events leading up to RG.
By the way, Houston field is a lot stronger than the one in Casablanca.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Just a geographical observation, Casablanca is not in Europe, also if you include Casablanca, why not Houston as well, then you have mentioned all clay events leading up to RG.

Nope, but I consider it to be part of the European swing. Houston is further off and the US does not have a strong clay court tradition.

But for your reference:

06.04.2015 Fayez Sarofim & Co. U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship
Houston, U.S.A.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
They can have as many clay tournaments as they want, there is only 1 that is getting everybody excited.:D

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
They can have as many clay tournaments as they want, there is only 1 that is getting everybody excited.:D

Monte Carlo? That's my favorite.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Billie said:

Monte Carlo? That's my favorite.

Try again;)

That is my favourite as well. :D

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:
If Andy reaches the final of any of these tournaments, I'll call it a successful clay swing.

He already won't be playing in Monaco.

Somebody told me that there is an article in Telegraph about Murray, upcoming wedding arrangements and that apparently Andy said that he is yet to decide about MC participation. They won't be going to their honeymoon till November so there is a possibility that he might play MC.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
TennisFanatic7 said:
If Andy reaches the final of any of these tournaments, I'll call it a successful clay swing.

Somebody told me that there is an article in Telegraph about Murray, upcoming wedding arrangements and that apparently Andy said that he is yet to decide about MC participation. They won't be going to their honeymoon till November so there is a possibility that he might play MC.

As MC is not a mandatory event, players need to sign up for it six weeks before and Andy has
not signed up. If he asks for a wild card, of course he will get one. But, I doubt that he will ask.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
I'm sure Andy will be desperate to return to this tournament...

2006 - Lost first round to Lisnard
2008 - Lost 6-0 6-4 to Nole in the third round
2009 - Lost 6-2 7-6 to Rafa in the semis after beating Davydenko, not bad
2010 - Lost 6-2 6-1 to Kohli, yikes
2011 - Lost to Nadal in the semis but did manage to take a set
2012 - Lost in quarters to Berdych
2013 - Lost 6-1 6-2 to Stan in the third round

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Billie said:
TennisFanatic7 said:

As MC is not a mandatory event, players need to sign up for it six weeks before and Andy has
not signed up. If he asks for a wild card, of course he will get one. But, I doubt that he will ask.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11514008/Andy-Murray-doesnt-care-about-any-wedding-plans-other-than-the-food.html

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:
herios said:

Nope, but I consider it to be part of the European swing. Houston is further off and the US does not have a strong clay court tradition.

The lack of tradition of Houston event did not matter, because it attracted much higher ranked players than Casablanca did.
The top seed in Maroc us GG Lopez, ranked 24, he would be seeded 5 was he going to enter in the Houston event.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I really wish murray would play a 250 or 500 clay (not Barcelona with rafa and ferrer in it though)..

surely he wants to win a title on clay at some point in his career ?. even if only an atp250 clay tourney.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
They should really move Hamburg into European clay season and conduct it in parallel to
Barcelona. So, we will have two parallel ATP 500 events (one for Spaniards and one for the
rest).

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is currently ranked #5, but will be seeded #3 in Monte Carlo as Andy (most probably) and Kei are not playing. If he can win MC, then he will vault all the way to #3 in rankings.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nehmeth mentioned on the Novak thread that Djokovic should perhaps consider skipping MC? Or, at least, he shouldn't worry about it. Rafa, on the other hand, needs to come out strong. And I think Murray should enjoy his wedding and skip it. I like JLLB's notion that Andy should play a smaller one.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Nehmeth mentioned on the Novak thread that Djokovic should perhaps consider skipping MC? Or, at least, he shouldn't worry about it. Rafa, on the other hand, needs to come out strong. And I think Murray should enjoy his wedding and skip it. I like JLLB's notion that Andy should play a smaller one.

Novak was playing mediocre tennis today. He seems mentally fatigued and needing a break. Since MC is optional it might be wisdom to take a break.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:

How about a small one like Istanbul? :snicker

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Moxie629 said:

Novak was playing mediocre tennis today. He seems mentally fatigued and needing a break. Since MC is optional it might be wisdom to take a break.

I don't think he will. This is his prime time and so he would want to play full schedule. His
six non-mandatory events will most probably be Doha, Dubai, MC, Queens, Beijing and DC.

Novak does not have to win MC. It is enough if he does a decent job. Also, he will get
two weeks break after than before the Madrid-Rome doubleheader. That should be good
enough for rejuvenation.