Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tough win for Coco against Kanepi - really good fight from both

1621343496845.png

Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Will Serena's team decides that she needs to play next week. I think it's a no brainer

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am a bit surprised Coco decided to play in Parna seeing she went deep in Roma....

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena does not look comfortable on clay ..this season
Agree,3 matches all up does not get your clay legs granted.Honestly I think she has her eyes on Wimbledon this year,I feel it is her best chance to get that elusive 24 GS title.We all had a discussion a couple of years ago when Serena was making GS finals and losing and agreed she needs to play more on the tour.Serena is stubborn.Serena will be 40 in September,maybe she is just taking care of her body at present and knows her limitations.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am a bit surprised Coco decided to play in Parna seeing she went deep in Roma....
She's young. I think she can handle it. She gets Giorgi tomorrow, and Sorribes Tormo gets another Italian in Errani.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Agree,3 matches all up does not get your clay legs granted.Honestly I think she has her eyes on Wimbledon this year,I feel it is her best chance to get that elusive 24 GS title.We all had a discussion a couple of years ago when Serena was making GS finals and losing and agreed she needs to play more on the tour.Serena is stubborn.Serena will be 40 in September,maybe she is just taking care of her body at present and knows her limitations.
I mentioned last week..she needs to also change her hitting sessions..it's usually Serena and her hitting partner who is a male..she needs to hit against younger players on the WTA..get accustomed to the change of pace and variety of shots..IMO

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I mentioned last week..she needs to also change her hitting sessions..it's usually Serena and her hitting partner who is a male..she needs to hit against younger players on the WTA..get accustomed to the change of pace and variety of shots..IMO
I take your point,though at this stage I cannot see Serena changing her male hitting partner.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Will Serena's team decides that she needs to play next week. I think it's a no brainer
It's obvious that the use of the brain isn't involved with Serena continuing to play like this; results just getting more horrific! Halep winning Wimbledon over her 2 & 2 is all you need to know about where she is right now! She can make a SF or Final, but disappears; esp. against the top! Lower ranked players have a good chance though! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
New players can't help but to play in every event possible trying to get as many matches under their belt as they can! These days we keep hearing from the coaches and parents that they aren't going to "burn out: their little angel, but here we go again! She's even playing doubles all the time! Burn OUT; here we come! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
New players can't help but to play in every event possible trying to get as many matches under their belt as they can! These days we keep hearing from the coaches and parents that they aren't going to "burn out: their little angel, but here we go again! She's even playing doubles all the time! Burn OUT; here we come! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Due to her age she is restricted to how many tournaments she can play all year,so hopefully there will be no burn out,a very good initiative that was brought in by the WTA some years back.
For example Players age 17 can play 13 tournaments per year plus majors.Players age 16 can play 10 tournaments per year plus major tournaments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Due to her age she is restricted to how many tournaments she can play all year,so hopefully there will be no burn out,a very good initiative that was brought in by the WTA some years back.
For example Players age 17 can play 13 tournaments per year plus majors.Players age 16 can play 10 tournaments per year plus major tournaments.
Two words/ A name: "Jennifer Capriati!" The "Capriati Rule!" They find ways to ignore or circumvent rules! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Two words/ A name: "Jennifer Capriati!" The "Capriati Rule!" They find ways to ignore or circumvent rules! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Jennifer Capriati was a child tennis prodigy and sad to say drugs later on nearly destroyed her life.
I am glad the WTA brought in the rule,at least now there is more control with the younger up and coming players and there is more help available today for any other issues they may encounter in their career's

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I take your point,though at this stage I cannot see Serena changing her male hitting partner.
I said change her hitting sessions.Serena needs to add another element into how she practicing hitting and schedule.a different practicing routine .

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I said change her hitting sessions.Serena needs to add another element into how she practicing hitting and schedule.a different practicing routine .
I understand what you are saying,agree,it really comes down to Patrick to introduce new practice routines for Serena.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gauff won the first set and up a break on Giorgi. As an aside, and since I ogle some of the men, (Pablo Andujar most recently,) I thought I would mention that, IMO, the two most beautiful sets of shoulders in women's tennis are Sakkari's and Giorgi's. Just an observation.

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sara Soribes Tormo retired in the 3rd set at 2 all in her match with Sara Errani with a left thigh injury
Errani wins by retirement 46 75 2 all in the final set.

Reactions: AnonymousFan