Ebola

House

Futures Player
Reactions
1972Murat said:
House said:
Ebola has been around for almost 30 years. And has killed, in total, less than the flu kills every year.

There's also no empirical evidence to suggest its mutating.

Ebola is not going to destroy the world, in a year you will be asking the question "Do you guys remember that ebola thing?"

Get a flu shot.

I see your point House, but if Ebole ever goes airborne...:nono

I mean you could say that about a number of viruses. It's not like it's an easy transition to mutate into an airborn spread virus.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
1972Murat said:
House said:
Ebola has been around for almost 30 years. And has killed, in total, less than the flu kills every year.

Ebola is not going to destroy the world, in a year you will be asking the question "Do you guys remember that ebola thing?"

Get a flu shot.

I see your point House, but if Ebole ever goes airborne...:nono

That will never happen.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fEtB_zn2WQ[/video]

This is a great article, which covers many questions and concerns:

"The Ebola Wars"

tented

Administrator
Reactions
House said:

Hi House,

Actually, it is mutating. Here's an interview with Stephen Gire, one of the world's experts on ebola:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N27ji-z4gko[/video]

He's also featured in the article I linked to in my response to Murat.

House

Futures Player
Reactions
tented said:
House said:

Hi House,

Actually, it is mutating. Here's an interview with Stephen Gire, one of the world's experts on ebola:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N27ji-z4gko[/video]

He's also featured in the article I linked to in my response to Murat.

Mutating into an airborn virus was what I meant, which is even referenced in the video you linked. It's just not in its biology.

But yes it is mutating like any virus, or bug, will, just not in the ways many people imagine. Apologies for any confusion.

House

Futures Player
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Thanks for the video Tented. My issue though, as I have mentioned before is : Isn't saliva a bodily fluid, and don't we infect people when we cough or sneeze on them?

Do you cough or sneez directly into other people's mouths? Lol. Because Ebola doesn't live long outside the body.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
House said:
1972Murat said:
Thanks for the video Tented. My issue though, as I have mentioned before is : Isn't saliva a bodily fluid, and don't we infect people when we cough or sneeze on them?

Do you cough or sneez directly into other people's mouths? Lol. Because Ebola doesn't live long outside the body.

I try not to ;), but I have been sneezed on and coughed on many times in the subway or the bus. Plus the speed of stuff that comes out of a persons mouth during a sneeze is pretty fast. So, can the virus survive in the spit for less than half a second? If it can...:s

tented

Administrator
Reactions
^ Read the article I linked to above. It will answer your questions concerning bodily fluids, including sneezing, coughing, vomiting, etc.