Early age vs Late

P

Pleyerm

Hello! I have a question - I have played tennis from 7 to 15 years, 8 years about but now I have 23 and since 16 I haven't played tennis because of university and other things, only sometimes with friends but nothing serious. I have a friend who started playing tennis when he was 21 and now he is training for about 3 years. So I was thinking if I started to train again seriously and he would train seriously, who would be better for example after 2 or 4 years? (for example if we are talented about equally). I gave this kind of question because I am thinking if it matters if you train for 7 years when you are child and then start to play after a long pause or you could start playing in early adulthood and be also very good or better player than that who started playing early.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
If you're equally talented and you both play a similar amount for 2-4 years, but he's been playing already for 3 years, I think your early training and experience would level things out. Just taking it as all other things being equal.

And welcome to the forum! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Playing Tennis 0