Does Djokovic beat Federer because he is more like Trump than Federer is?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have always been a fan of Federer's and I love his game, but I think part of the reason the crowds at Grand Slams go 95% for Federer when he plays Djokovic is that in our feminized age, Federer's temperament is much more palatable to the sensibilities of women and feminized men, of which there are millions in a country like the United Kingdom. Whereas Federer is polite and seemingly "nice," Djokovic is brash, contrarian, and defiant. Federer waves and smiles, while Djokovic hits a winner, points to his ear, and poses the rhetorical question: "what are all you going to say to me now?"

Just as Trump took on 95% of the media to win the 2016 election and to overcome the Mueller witch hunt, Djokovic has repeatedly overcome 95% of fans during center court matches against Federer to repeatedly beat him.

So, allow me to ask the board's Federer fans, such as Darth, Britbox, and El Dude: when you guys are saying that you wish Federer was mentally stronger, are you saying that you wish he was more like Trump?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is actually spamming...

The more significant question is why you feel the need to inflict meaningless threads on the entire forum. It's almost like you need the whole community to notice your existence, and that seems to be a Trump like narcissistic tendency in my opinion

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is actually spamming...

Maybe by your definition but you don't have the title of world's only dictionary.

The more significant question is why you feel the need to inflict meaningless threads on the entire forum.

How is this meaningless? The two clearly have different personalities and many people have commented on Djokovic being mentally tougher than Federer is. This is a completely relevant conversation. And, btw, Broken was the first person to bring Trump up on the message board today, not me. Go check the thread on Nadal's record versus American players.

It's almost like you need the whole community to notice your existence, and that seems to be a Trump like narcissistic tendency in my opinion

Well thank you. But I am mainly interested in starting interesting discussion topics. I know you have a hard time thinking of things outside the box, but you shouldn't resent me for being able to, okay?

Reactions: nehmeth

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic was talking about crowds in his presser after the match. He mentally prepares for these scenarios. He actually pretends the crowd are shouting "Novak, Novak" instead of "Roger, Roger". I thought it was pretty interesting.

Now the difference between Novak and Trump is that Trump wouldn't pretend they were shouting his name... he'd actually be trying to convince the press that they were.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nothing says mental strength like a twitter meltdown about every piece of criticism. And nothing says "more like Trump" than being super good at what you do.

I love Cali trying to validate his beliefs through sport. It's like when he thought Jamal Crawford won sixth man of the year due to his strong Christian faith.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Neither Federer nor Djokovic have orange hair. But Federer does have an irritating trait to bring celebrities to his box, and Trump likes to tweet gossip about celebrities' personal lives, so there is some contact there. Hmm, both Federer and Djokovic are very good at making money out of their professions (to play tennis), as Trump is very good at making money out of his (to play president).

(on a serious note, Djokovic is indeed less "PC" than Federer, which is something I like about the guy, even if Federer's PCness sounds very much like a businessman steering himself out of possible PR trouble).

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic was talking about crowds in his presser after the match. He mentally prepares for these scenarios. He actually pretends the crowd are shouting "Novak, Novak" instead of "Roger, Roger". I thought it was pretty interesting.

Now the difference between Novak and Trump is that Trump wouldn't pretend they were shouting his name... he'd actually be trying to convince the press that they were.

Lol.....there is some truth to that.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nothing says mental strength like a twitter meltdown about every piece of criticism. And nothing says "more like Trump" than being super good at what you do.

Broken knows tennis decently well but on pretty much anything political or historical he is a dumb turd. The point I was making here is that Trump has clearly been willing to stand up against the powerful and highly regarded people from his campaign onward, just as Djokovic has repeatedly beaten Federer in finals where almost the entire crowd was pulling for Federer. That's all this comparison was about.

I am complimenting them for the courage in being contrarian, defiant, and sticking to their guns when most people are telling them that they should do the opposite.

I love Cali trying to validate his beliefs through sport. It's like when he thought Jamal Crawford won sixth man of the year due to his strong Christian faith.

Actually the point I was making at that time is that it was ironic that many black athletes make frequent reference to God, given that they politically align themselves with pseudo-intellectual whites in the USA who are essentially Christian heretics but are too ignorant to realize it.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Neither Federer nor Djokovic have orange hair. But Federer does have an irritating trait to bring celebrities to his box, and Trump likes to tweet gossip about celebrities' personal lives, so there is some contact there. Hmm, both Federer and Djokovic are very good at making money out of their professions (to play tennis), as Trump is very good at making money out of his (to play president).

(on a serious note, Djokovic is indeed less "PC" than Federer, which is something I like about the guy, even if Federer's PCness sounds very much like a businessman steering himself out of possible PR trouble).

I don't think Federer is necessarily "PC." He is just very polite and humble, almost to the point of being pacifistic at times. I do think this has to do with why he has appeal not only to female fans but to the millions of feminized males in the West who are turned off by aggressive masculinity.

I can understand why women prefer Federer overwhelmingly, but the way that so many men favor Federer over Djokovic is (usually) an indication of widespread white male effeminacy. Darth would be an exception to that, as he emphatically likes Federer's aggressive playing style. But most males who follow tennis strike me as very testosterone-deficient which is why they would rather a tennis player be "nice" and wave at them going through the tunnel.

At any rate, Broken is my son. I am proud of his growth.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I just stumbled upon this thread and wtf? Most of the people who like Federer like attacking tennis and that hardly just means Darth is the only one who likes attacking tennis. ROFL!

Most males who follow tennis strike you as very testosterone deficient? What the actual fuck?