DeAndre Daniels, Jamal Crawford, Odell Beckham

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What do these three have in common? Something I find quite ironic.

Most people on this board probably don't know who they are, so let me give a quick overview:

DeAndre Daniels was the star power forward for the national champion UConn basketball team.

Jamal Crawford is a shooting guard for the Clippers who just won the 6th Man of the Year Award (at age 34, no less. Take note age-ists.) He gave a terrific acceptance speech yesterday after getting the award, btw. I was able to watch it live.

Odell Beckham is a wide receiver from LSU who was just drafted by the New York Giants with the 12th pick overall in the NFL Draft.

Now what do these three have in common that I find ironic?

Well, they each recently had public moments of glory in which the first thing they did was thank and "give praise to God" - and they are African-American. What is ironic about this?

Well, the people who are most up in arms in terms of being politically anti-racist (their religion is the Frankfurt School principles they have been brainwashed by in schools) are also the most anti-Christian. They are the first to make it sound like Donald Sterling perpetrated a genocide with his anti-black comments, but they are also completely hostile to Christianity, especially when it comes to their precious gay issue. So it is very ironic to see them have this ideological love affair with politicized NAACP-like Al Sharptonism, in the process defending a group of people (African-Americans) who are by far the racial or ethnic group in the United States which most frequently invokes God and His blessings in their lives.

DeAndre Daniels was on the court at the Final Four moments after beating Florida and when being interviewed the first thing out of his mouth was "I first want to thank God, without Him none of this is possible."

In his acceptance speech of the Sixth Man Award yesterday, the first thing the very articulate and intelligent Jamal Crawford said was "I have to first thank God. Without His presence in my life at many key moments I could never have accomplished what I have as a basketball player."

And, again, on stage at the NFL Draft after being picked at #12, the first thing Odell Beckham said was "I have to first give credit to God for allowing me to have this opportunity".

So what's my point here?

It is funny to see leftists in America come to the defense of African-Americans (albeit in an often silly and deluded fashion that accomplishes nothing for anyone), who happen to be the most publicly open Christian group in the United States. When it comes to invoking God in interviews, black athletes are Tebow times 100.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You know something? I'm not too sure that God is too interested in sports, or sports stars talents...