CINCINNATTI MASTERS AUG. 11th to 18th

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
I think this is a much bigger match for Roger. If he loses, he has nothing going to NY. I think Rafa will be happy with his prep so far. If Rafa brings the pain, Roger will feel sore, but it'll depend on Rafa's intensity in this match.

Personally, I hope he's keeping something in the tank for NY, so a loss here wouldn't disappoint me. But I have a suspicion he's chasing #1 ranking, in which case we maybe in for a gruelling few days of tennis...

Maybe he will pull a Sampras..go on a horrible losing streak, getting tooled by the likes Matthieu, Gonzo, and Bastl...then winning the Open...then walking away...it would be a cool end.

That may happen, but not at this USO. May be 2014 USO.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
clay warrior in 3 was the right call yesterday.

roger still has major game. it is never easy against him.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Clay Death said:
clay warrior in 3 was the right call yesterday.

roger still has major game. it is never easy against him.

Once his first serve percentage dropped it was downhill. But that forehand still cuts like a knife.

His movement was superb tonight...but Rafa The Bull is an unstoppable train.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
I think this is a much bigger match for Roger. If he loses, he has nothing going to NY. I think Rafa will be happy with his prep so far. If Rafa brings the pain, Roger will feel sore, but it'll depend on Rafa's intensity in this match.

Personally, I hope he's keeping something in the tank for NY, so a loss here wouldn't disappoint me. But I have a suspicion he's chasing #1 ranking, in which case we maybe in for a gruelling few days of tennis...

Maybe he will pull a Sampras..go on a horrible losing streak, getting tooled by the likes Matthieu, Gonzo, and Bastl...then winning the Open...then walking away...it would be a cool end.

That would make sense, but he's already mused about 2016 in Rio! Yeah, clay would be worth all that work and time!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:

That would make sense, but he's already mused about 2016 in Rio! Yeah, clay would be worth all that work and time!

Have they confirmed that 2016 Rio Olympics will be played on Clay Courts? I thought
it was still open. I saw a tender for building the site. That tender said it is up to the builder
to decide what is the surface, but they had specifications for every surface that the builder
must meet.