ChatGPT picks Men's Tennis GOAT.. Interesting Video..

TennisEnthusiast

Reactions
I found this video very interesting where the famous AI model ChatGPT picked the Tennis GOAT along with the top 10 players of all time. Nadal not in top 3? Could it be because of the clay court dominance? Either way, very interesting. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: BratSrbin

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I found this video very interesting where the famous AI model ChatGPT picked the Tennis GOAT along with the top 10 players of all time. Nadal not in top 3? Could it be because of the clay court dominance? Either way, very interesting. What are your thoughts?

Welcome to Tennis Frontier, @TennisEnthusiast!

I don’t know enough about ChatGPT to comment, but @britbox does. He has been posting about the technology lately, and will be able to assess this better.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1. Djokovic
2. Sampras
3. Federer
4. Nadal
5. McEnroe
6. Borg
7. Connors
8. Lendl
9. Laver
10. Becker

Yeah, not buying it. Sampras ahead of Roger and Rafa? Laver at #9 kinda makes sense if it is considering Open Era only, and I don't hate Becker over Agassi.

Now ask Dan 5.0, which isn't programmed with the same biases.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

At the top of this list, he has t/b going w/ YE #1 rankings since Sampras ahead of Fedal! That was more shocking Becker on the list at all! :astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Reactions: TennisEnthusiast

TennisEnthusiast

Reactions
Welcome to Tennis Frontier, @TennisEnthusiast!

I don’t know enough about ChatGPT to comment, but @britbox does. He has been posting about the technology lately, and will be able to assess this better.
Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

So, chatGPT is this incredible new Artificial Intelligence sensation which is developed by a company called Open AI. It is an interactive chat bot where in you ask the question and it gives you the answer in seconds. You can look at it as a Google search, but more interactive. The data that it is trained with is till 2021.

So, this video was interesting because it based its ranking on not just the grand slam count. Nadal were not placed in the top 3 which was surprising. I hope this helps.

Reactions: tented and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1. Djokovic
2. Sampras
3. Federer
4. Nadal
5. McEnroe
6. Borg
7. Connors
8. Lendl
9. Laver
10. Becker

Yeah, not buying it. Sampras ahead of Roger and Rafa? Laver at #9 kinda makes sense if it is considering Open Era only, and I don't hate Becker over Agassi.

Now ask Dan 5.0, which isn't programmed with the same biases.

As time's gone on, I've stayed w/ notion of Rod Laver being near the top All Time no matter the era considered! He did so much as an Amateur & even more as a Pro! The only event missing from his resume was the WCT Chp. in Houston/Dallas! Rosewall stopped him in 5 set classics in '71 & '72 Finals! His last big chance was in '75, but ran into Borg in the SF! If Borg had allowed the old man this one match, he probably would have won seeing as Arthur Ashe was his personal pigeon! :astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth::fearful-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Luxilon Borg Pro Tennis (Mens) 57
El Dude Pro Tennis (Mens) 2